King of Diamonds JrII

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

This is a pen and blanks I just finished for myself. I call it Cardistry. I've been playing around with playing cards a little and came up with this. The Jr II cap is the King and the lower is diamond face cards. There was a bit of a learning curve but it was fun. All comments welcome. Thanks!

Attachments

• King 5.jpg
    King 5.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 498
  • King 4.jpg
    King 4.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well done John!

Reminds me of playing cards when I was a kid. Some of the newer card designs are great, but not what I grew up using.

This one is a good match!

Very nostalgic!

And, a mighty fine fit and finish!!! (Hey, where is the top finial? You could fit at least 10-15 cards on that itsy bitsy space... :cool:) Poke, Poke...

Cheers, Mark

JohnU

Ha ha, I've never been accused of playing with a full deck!
I wanted to play with the finial and just got excited with finishing the blanks. I hope to expand on the next one. The card blanks are a lot of fun and the variety is crazy! Thanks for all the comments!

mecompco

That looks awesome! How does the seam look? I'm thinking that is one of the most challenging aspects of using playing cards.

JohnU

That looks awesome! How does the seam look? I'm thinking that is one of the most challenging aspects of using playing cards.

It is. Most of the card backs are easy because they are designed like a mirror image up the middle of the car and line up as long as you have them centered. This one worked out ok because there was a straight edge in the pattern. I cut along the edge of the item the King was holding. The lower was two pieces so there is a slight seam between the diamonds on both sides of them. Some have been easier than others.

JohnU

Thanks Guys and Thank You Jeff!
What a nice surprise when I opened the page today. Made my week and then some!
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Top Bottom