Kinda like coming home . . .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cozee

Having first gotten into turning pens back in 2004, I got hooked very quickly, got heavily involved, and liked to push the limits, as some may well remember!! LOL!!! Somewhere in 2011-12 my interests started going elsewhere and I turned off my lathe. Here as of late, earlier this year, I have been getting the "itch" again. My wife, always my encourager and support, simply said go for it. So, I recently removed the old Wilton and HF lathes that adorned my benches, and ordered a new Colt SML350, along with some carbide tools. I feel like I did when I bought my first lathe, a Wilton at Menards for $88. I simply cannot wait for the Colt to get here so I can start turning again. Problem I am finding though is it seems my favorite kit, the Jr. Gent/II are no longer around. Kinda bummed about that but see that there are so many other great looking kits out there today. So to all my old friends that are still here, I say hey! And here's to new friends also!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Wow a pleasant surprise!!! Welcome back Greg. Good to see you have not forgot us. Yes some of us old timers are still here but some have moved on or have passed on. Hope you do get back into the pen turning scene. Some new things have surfaced here as well. We are expanding basically every year and from what you and the others along with Jeff as the captain who were the pioneers to this site, it has grown. Hope to read and see more from you.

Curly

Exotic has some Gold Rollerballs. Not sure of other platings as I don't usually hope there. That darn border and the dollar. I thought you were referring to the pens not sold anymore, not out of stock. Lots of other similar pens around though, just not sure of the stock. Ho! Ho! Ho!

Silverado

The Artisan Jr. Gentlemen's Rollerball Pen Kit is still available at CSUSA. These are Dayacom Kits.

Woodnick43

Greg,
Very glad to see you on again. You and your wife were so very kind to me during my two visits to your very good MPG that I enjoyed very much. My wife of 55 years has passed away, it's very lonely here and I lost your contact information.
Glad to talk to you!!
Don (aka) Nick
Lakewood WA

cozee

Greg,
Very glad to see you on again. You and your wife were so very kind to me during my two visits to your very good MPG that I enjoyed very much. My wife of 55 years has passed away, it's very lonely here and I lost your contact information.
Glad to talk to you!!
Don (aka) Nick
Lakewood WA

Well hello Don. Sorry to hear about your wife. Dawn about lost me back in 2014 due to a nasty motorcycle accident. My memory isn't the best because of it but getting better as time passes. I too have lost your contact info. I will pm you my information.

Top Bottom