Kind of warm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

It just hit 101 degrees and that's a pretty accurate thermometer, Oh and did I mention the humidity is about the same. WOW it's nasty hot. probably about 118 heat index.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Well Ken I hope you are sittin on the the porch in front of the fan with an ice cold glass of sweet tea, giving guidence to Andrew as he works. :biggrin:

BTW, mailed ya somethin today. :redface:

bitshird

Well Ken I hope you are sittin on the the porch in front of the fan with an ice cold glass of sweet tea, giving guidence to Andrew as he works. :biggrin:

BTW, mailed ya somethin today. :redface:

Now that's just plain funny, not the part about me sitting on the front porch with a cold glass of something, just the part about watching Andrew work about the only guidance he needs is the toe of my boot:eek:, Actually he did great for me the past couple days, but man this is August weather, oh well like the song says
"In the hot sticky south, where they say well shut my mouth"

ctubbs

It's a cool 96 here. (I'm not being sarcastic...96 IS cool for us this time of year!)
But Sharon, your heat is a 'dry' heat:cool::rolleyes:. I just checked our dew point, 80 degrees, temp 94.1 F, heat index 113, RH 62% at 5:23 pm. Anyone for Gills?
Charles

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
It's so humid outside right now that you can barely breath. And it also appears that my AC unit in the house is crapping out. It's a pretty nice 85 in here. Man do I hate KY weather.

Haynie

It's a cool 96 here. (I'm not being sarcastic...96 IS cool for us this time of year!)
But Sharon, your heat is a 'dry' heat:cool::rolleyes:. I just checked our dew point, 80 degrees, temp 94.1 F, heat index 113, RH 62% at 5:23 pm. Anyone for Gills?
Charles

Yes an oven is dry heat too. Come to think of it so is a blast furnace. I don't like hanging out in either one.

It is monsoon season here humidity is humidity.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I've always wondered about the 'dry heat'

Attachments

• Arizona_Its_a_Dry_Heat.jpg
    Arizona_Its_a_Dry_Heat.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 74

phillywood

Ken, you get nothing to worry about, we started to have this kind of weather starting in April, so go figure. Oh, well, those of you guy who pray need to pray harder so God will show some mercy and change his mind about the end of the world day. Getting close to 2012. If that prophecy is any true.

workinforwood

Yes, I was down in Cinci the other day and it was scorching got 105 with heat index. These are the dog days of summer. Remember with all this humidity to apply lots of tool protection, and apply it often. Nothing is more important than protecting your investments. Pull the tail stocks off the lathes, and coat the bottoms of those as well. Personally, I find nothing works better than Bostick T-9, but Johnson's paste wax does a pretty good job too.

srf1114

so hot and humid here, that the paint in the nozzle of the can of spray paint I was using to reverse paint some PR blanks dried and plugged the nozzle in the amount of time it took me to put one blank down and pick up the other.

But CA glue on finish hardens super fast, no accelerator needed.

PenMan1

Ken:
At midnight, last night, the temp here finally dipped below 85. Unfortunately, the humidity never dropped below 90 percent.

If you get too frustrate with the temps in TN, just make the trip down here to Hell's Southern Annex. It'll sure make you feel better about returning to the "moderate" Tennessee climates.

bitshird

Ken:
At midnight, last night, the temp here finally dipped below 85. Unfortunately, the humidity never dropped below 90 percent.

If you get too frustrate with the temps in TN, just make the trip down here to Hell's Southern Annex. It'll sure make you feel better about returning to the "moderate" Tennessee climates.

Andy,
Andrew and I are going to Turning Southern Style in Helen at the Unicoi lodge in Sept. last year it was down right nice,down yonder, up here it was hotter than the fur on a black dogs back in the mid day sun, But it is in the Mountains so I guess that helped, I hope you make it up there this year.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well it was a measley 94 here today 115 with the heat index. Weather Channel showed Miami as only being 89 degrees. Something is wrong with this picture.

bitshird

This entire year the weather has been any where from 4 to 6 weeks early I think we did something to upset the weather maker!! or the weather channel!!

Top Bottom