Kind of stocky

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from shagnasty

shagnasty

I just picked this piece of walnut up because I thought it would make a pretty nice stock on an old rifle. This piece is about 15 inches long and tapers from about 6.5" to about 3" and is 3" thick. My pics are not that good, it actually looks much better than this but you can kinda see a little curl there. :)
gunstock005.jpg

walnut001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Wow, what a gorgeous piece of wood! That should make a beautiful rifle stock. Please share photos with us when you have it completed.

Jim Smith

That is an absolutely gorgeous piece of walnut.

You should lock it up because If I lived closer I'd be creeping around looking for it. :devil:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Length wise it will work if its falls a little short but a spacer or extra thick pad on it. I would be more concerned that the stock will split at the feather crotch. What type of rifle were you thinking on using it on.

shagnasty

Thanks guys....it wont work for the rifle I really want, cuz its too short. Im thinking if I had a rifle that utilized a forearm piece too, I could maybe get away with that. So I dont have a rifle to use it on yet, but hoepfully will someday.

Larry

Grizz

Banned
Piece of junk! Just send it to me and let me see if I can salvage anything out of it. :angel:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
My guess would be around 18in long and its a shotgun blank. Although it could be used on a pump action Rifle. Also notice how the feather pattern is cut so its at the comb area of the stock rather than the area that will fit to the receiver where it has almost straight grain.

Rfturner

Those pieces almost look book matched. If it doesn't fit anything you have now that just means that you have to buy something that will. Another gun in any collection is always a plus. :biggrin:

Top Bottom