Keeping Pens Show Ready

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

How do you do it? I have been invited to do my first show in approx 1 month. I need to turn several pens to be ready but i need to know how to get my current stock looking showroom new( no finger prints )

How do you guys handle this between shows and after letting individuals look over your stock.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasper

1. Keep the pens in closed cases between shows.
2. Wipe them down with a micro-fiber cloth.
3. Put a coat of Renaissance wax on them if needed.

If it has been a while since they were on display, scribble a little with each pen to make sure it starts writing instantly when someone gives it a test-write.

In the last hour of each show when things get slow, start wiping the pens and getting them ready for the next show.

OKLAHOMAN

Gerry about summed it up perfectly, if a closed case is not practical use a velvet roll up with pockets.

srf1114

I have recently found the the really soft cloths you can get to clean lcd monitors work awesome at shining up my pens. These are the dry cloths not the ones with cleaner on them!

They wont damage the finish, and can polish the metal and removed finger prints and oils without any cleaner needed.

cwolfs69

Ditto. Micro fiber cloths work great. If you look they make a micro fiber especially for polishing. it is a closer weave and does a beautiful job. Ill have to try the renaissance Wax.

workinforwood

Be sure and inspect the pens for any damage too. I lost a sale last week, there was a tiny dent in the wood close to the clip. Not caused by the clip, but got there some how. It sucks to have someone about to make a purchase and then spot a problem. I was real lucky to be able to get him into a different pen.

firewhatfire

Renaissance wax question. Do you just wipe it on and off or do you use a wheel to apply it. I have never used it and just wanna make sure I dont do anything stupid.

It looks like total of less than 100 pens and 10-15 bottle stoppers is what I will have at show time. I have acrylic stands enough to display 36 pens and a Oak case that will hold 20. How does everyone handle the display of surplus pens? I have 2 bottle stopper stands also.

1. Keep the pens in closed cases between shows.
2. Wipe them down with a micro-fiber cloth.
3. Put a coat of Renaissance wax on them if needed.

If it has been a while since they were on display, scribble a little with each pen to make sure it starts writing instantly when someone gives it a test-write.

In the last hour of each show when things get slow, start wiping the pens and getting them ready for the next show.

tim self

My recommendation is velvet rolls. I USED to carry them in the WC 24 pen cases. after prolonged usage, so many dented finishes, scratched components and such. Took velvet scraps, sewed a few straight lines after fold over and viola, protection.

dennisg

My wife took some sports towels and copied the velvet wrap. Each one holds 12 to 16 pens depending on the spacing.They offer protection and speed during set up and take down. This is the 3rd season using this method. The only downside not being able to use the hard plastic barbell pricing labels. I use the computer labels instead.

Top Bottom