Kauai Curly Acacia Koa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Warren White

Warren White

Here are three pens turned out of wood I picked up last month in Kauai. They are Apprentice Roadster pens from CSUSA (which I have come to really like).

I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed turning them. The wood was very nice to work with.

IMG_0031.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Here are three pens turned out of wood I picked up last month in Kauai. They are Apprentice Roadster pens from CSUSA (which I have come to really like).

I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed turning them. The wood was very nice to work with.

View attachment 228272
Welcome to the world of Koa. I turn a lot of it for a customer on Kauai, Pens, seam rippers, ice cream/coffee scoops and, you guessed it, knives. I just sent another order out and was told he had another order in the works. Nice job on the pens. Koa is a great wood to work with. I've got tons of it in my shop, if you ever need some just let me know.

Warren White

That is a very nice offer! I got this wood from a place called "Forest to Function" in Kalaheo. The price was very reasonable; $3.00 for the "curly" blanks. I sent him an email with my thanks (and some pictures) but he never responded.

It is a great wood to turn. I would certainly be open to talking to you about curly Koa; it is beautiful. Thanks!

pshrynk

I was in Kauai the second week in October! Tried to find some Koa, but the rest of my party was totally uninterested in going to wood stores. Nice pens!

Top Bottom