Kaleidoscope

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from underdog

Status
Not open for further replies.

underdog

Thanks to Jim Duxbury for supplying an excellent set of plans for this project. I hope to do several more.

Our club invited Jim to demonstrate for us. He and his wife entertained us with one of the best demos I've seen.

200782020242_Kaleidoscope_005.jpg

And here's what the inside looks like!

2007820203327_KaleidoscopePattern.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Jim, Hope you don't mind if I jump in here with some info. I was so fascinated with your work I did some researching. Here is the website I found: http://www.resp-o-rator.com/ec/scopes.htm

underdog

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Sorry to have not responded sooner. John has the exact right information there. You can purchase the plans to make every piece of this kaleidoscope on Jim's website.

So, yes Frank, I did turn that barrel... and the object cell, and the lenses, and cut the first surface mirrors, and, and, and.....

It's a great project, and well worth the $10 for the plans.

underdog

I just got an email from Jim, who told me about the DVD. He reminded me that even I had questions after the demo, when actually I started making this thing. So yeah, y'all might want the DVD just to help. One of the AAW guys filmed this video until it was perfect...

I suppose I should give a few more details on this thing:

Kaleidoscope and stand
Cherry and Walnut
13 x 2-1/2 inches
PVC object cell
Stained glass
Expensive first surface mirror!
Make sure you include a lense in the eyepiece to prevent funneling glass into your eye if your Kaleidoscope gets dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom