Just Woke Up From a Dream I Think

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I needed some Testors spray paint because this is what I like to use on my pen blanks. So went to a familiar site that I know I can get a reasonable price but thought I must have been dreaming. I saw these prices and talk about sticker shock!! Those cans use to be $5 to $6 most Check this out. I can buy 2 large cans for same price. Man what world am I living in?? Boy I hate to be a young lad starting out in the model making hobby. WOW. Just went to vendor where I buy lots of my plastics from and usually get good prices on the paints and they too are the same prices. I can not believe this. Well Home Depot it is but I bet even those paints are higher.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=testors+spray+paint&adgrpid=1339205732603720&hvadid=83700430204054&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=96777&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-83700713751585:loc-190&hydadcr=4097_10319536&tag=mh0b-20&ref=pd_sl_3a43476thk_e

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Could just be Amazon. Occasionally they mark things up. Try your local hobby lobby or Michael's.
No. I usually buy alot of my plastics and metals for segmenting here and the price is around the same. https://www.hobbylinc.com/testors-hobby-and-model-paint I have bought many paints there also. Checked Hobby Lobby and Michaels and if they have them, they too are around the same price with no coupons. Went to Testors site and there too same. This is ridiculous. I will try other paints but always never ever had a problem using Testors for painting tubes or blanks.

BULLWINKLE

JttheClockman…. If you're using it to paint the tubes for turning resins, I started to use a broad tip permanent black felt tip marker. Cheaper, dries in just a few minutes and works fine. As an added plus, it doesn't increase the thickness of the tube.

KenB259

JttheClockman…. If you're using it to paint the tubes for turning resins, I started to use a broad tip permanent black felt tip marker. Cheaper, dries in just a few minutes and works fine. As an added plus, it doesn't increase the thickness of the tube.
That sounds like a good idea, I'm definitely going to give that a try.

jttheclockman

I never paint the tubes. Always paint the inside of the blank. I always found tube painting a waste of time over the years. I use to but have changed my thought process. The first thing you see after the outside of a turned blank is the inside of that blank. The tube is the third thing with the adhesive being the second. Just my opinion. I use colored markers on tubes all the time when I am using coverings such as vinyl or some sort of label. I mark the tube where the seam will be in case it does show some. These are little tricks you pick up over the years. Thanks though for the suggestion.

Top Bottom