Just talked to my boss at the blind center

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

They won't reopen until there is a vaccine. I couldn't go, anyway until there is a vaccine, so we will have to be patient. I really miss working down there. When working with the blind, social distancing is impossible. EVERYTHING is, by definition, "hands on."

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MPVic

They won't reopen until there is a vaccine. I couldn't go, anyway until there is a vaccine, so we will have to be patient. I really miss working down there. When working with the blind, social distancing is impossible. EVERYTHING is, by definition, "hands on."
Sorry to hear that, Sharon. I'm sure they will miss you very much. Stay safe!

Kenny Durrant

Sad to hear. This virus has changed a lot of things and I'm wondering how close to normal we will be when it's all said and done. Hopefully it won't last too much longer and we can adjust to the "New Normal". Thanks for all you do to help others.

monophoto

Unfortunately, I suspect that its going to take a while. Having a vaccine is only the first step - after that, there is the logistical challenge of getting enough people vaccinated to control the virus. Unfortunately, that process will likely be complicated by 'anti-vaxxers' and other conspiracy-types who will resist vaccination.

But on top of that, this experience has been a real shock to our society, and may take time for us to regain enough confidence to try to return to 'normal'.

howsitwork

Unfortunately, I suspect that its going to take a while. Having a vaccine is only the first step - after that, there is the logistical challenge of getting enough people vaccinated to control the virus. Unfortunately, that process will likely be complicated by 'anti-vaxxers' and other conspiracy-types who will resist vaccination.

But on top of that, this experience has been a real shock to our society, and may take time for us to regain enough confidence to try to return to 'normal'.
I suspect you are right as to the time scales as even optimistically implementing a mass immunisation programme will take a considerable effort.

Sharon it maybe we find new ways to operate as we move forward. In the meanwhile stay safe out there !

sbwertz

With both of us very vulnerable, we are just pretty much staying home. Only go out when absolutely necessary. I filled my gas tank on March 24, and just had to fill it again a couple of weeks ago. At this rate, I'm good till October! Calculating in Months per Gallon these days.

With both of us very vulnerable, we are just pretty much staying home. Only go out when absolutely necessary. I filled my gas tank on March 24, and just had to fill it again a couple of weeks ago. At this rate, I'm good till October! Calculating in Months per Gallon these days.
You must drive about as much as we do... we have a KIA Soul that purports to get 40 mpg... we've had it 3 years, bought used with 5900 miles on it.... I still haven't got 30,000 miles on the car. Probably wouldn't have that many miles, but all our doctors are 40 miles away, local grocer is 6 miles, but very small store, so if we need things they don't carry, next closest grocer is 18 miles... but we prefer the Walmart in Athens, 40 miles away... our cardiologist is in Knoxville, 55 miles away.... about the only places we do go are to grocer and doctor. I won't make it to October without a fill-up but maybe late September. My tank is only 10 gallons.
Both Dianne and I are also very vulnerable to the virus, Dianne much more-so than me, but I'm still at risk.... and it's really no task for us to stay home.

rherrell

sbwertz

You must drive about as much as we do... we have a KIA Soul that purports to get 40 mpg... we've had it 3 years, bought used with 5900 miles on it.... I still haven't got 30,000 miles on the car. Probably wouldn't have that many miles, but all our doctors are 40 miles away, local grocer is 6 miles, but very small store, so if we need things they don't carry, next closest grocer is 18 miles... but we prefer the Walmart in Athens, 40 miles away... our cardiologist is in Knoxville, 55 miles away.... about the only places we do go are to grocer and doctor. I won't make it to October without a fill-up but maybe late September. My tank is only 10 gallons.
Both Dianne and I are also very vulnerable to the virus, Dianne much more-so than me, but I'm still at risk.... and it's really no task for us to stay home.
We have both a Sam's Club and a Costco within 2 miles...two grocery stores less than a mile away, Walmart less than a mile away, bank less than a mile away. Dr five miles away.

Fred Bruche

And then there's that piece of information that people should read before making up their mind about globalresearch ;)

johncrane

hi Sharon are guys looked down here in Victoria Aust we are only allowed too leave our homes for 1 hour and are not allowed to leave the house between 8.0 pm and 5 am this virus is getting very depressing will be very glad when it all ends

sbwertz

I hope it is working, John. They are finding more and more long lasting after effects of this virus, even with people with very mild symptoms. It's scary.

howsitwork

until an effective vaccine comes out we need to adapt our behaviour and that's difficult.

Sharon and all stay safe , isolate as best you can , and well

Top Bottom