Just starting out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Angela S

Angela S

I recently started turning. Here is the last three pens I made. This includes my fist pen with aluminum and my second and third attempt at Celtic knot ish pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

Welcome to the forum, Angela. You are off to a good start. They are good looking pens.
This is the place to learn, ask questions and make friends.
Alan

randyrls

Those are some nice pens. I really like the "two-tone" shadow effect appearance of the celtic knot. Is that just a photo effect, or is the knot indeed two different colors? The shadow effect is striking and excellet artistic talent! All three are great looking!

thomgarner

Welcome to the forum ... really nice work on the Celtic knots ... I am impressed. I am looking into the process for creating these you have inspired me. Thanks for sharing your work.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Angela, it is obvious you have had some considerable experience with woodworking prior to making pens! Those pens are well done and as Randy mentioned, your two tone metic knots are unique. That speaks volumes about your experience. For many, it is hard to get their heads around the "kerf" thickness conundrum for perfect knots. Not only did you do this - but with two tone knots! You have great "vision" - fore thought and into application!

I look forward to what you are going to create next!

Angela S

Those are some nice pens. I really like the "two-tone" shadow effect appearance of the celtic knot. Is that just a photo effect, or is the knot indeed two different colors? The shadow effect is striking and excellet artistic talent! All three are great looking!

Thanks. The knot is made with blue and black.

OZturner

Incredible Pens Angela,
Great Knots, Beautifully Turned, Fitted and Finished.
You have tackled what I consider perhaps the most Difficult Pen, for Inexperienced Turners to Tackle,
The Slimline. or a some people refer to it as the Slimeline.
It is difficult because you have two blanks, that is 4 junction points with hardware, and with virtually no Wood left on the Tube.
Congratulations, Well Done.
Brian.

Top Bottom