Just Started Turning Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Serapheem

Serapheem

This is my 6th pen and first pencil... I don't think they are bad but I think I have much room to grow. Also I seem to be in the minority that isn't the biggest fan of a CA finish

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    853.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    893.3 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    924.2 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    924.6 KB · Views: 216
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hi John !! . Welcome to IAP !!

Thanks for showing your work ... Nice Job !!

Don't feel badly about not liking CA ... I don't know that anybody really loves working with it but it is the best option in lots of cases !
It takes plenty of practice to develop a technique that is right for you. . But once you do, it will serve you well.

Serapheem

Thanks for the compliments. I love doing this work... the day just flies by when I get time on the lathe. But I have to say that just starting out there is jut such an overload of information. So many things to learn and try

bsshog40

Nice work. Better than my first ones. Lol As stated, once you get used to a technique for using CA, you'll enjoy the results. I didn't care for it at first and used wipeon poly for many of my pens. Then winter came and poly just won't setup very well in the cold. Found a system for CA and it took a little bit to get used to, but now I really enjoy the outcomes. Just work on your sanding to a very nice finish on your wood and the CA will look much better. Enjoy!!!! And have fun learning!!!

Top Bottom