Just sharing my impatience - FedEx shipping delays

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

Well I'm officially off social media for personal use so I'm back to my roots of forums so you may see me sticking my nose in everyone else's business around here again :D

That said, I'm sharing my impatience. I took a year off from anything pen related and sold most of my heavy equipment. Decided to jump back in with a rebranding and change of direction on designs and after finding out that my go-to metal lathe was back-ordered for like 12 months I pulled the trigger on the largest lathe LMS had in stock.

They shipped it and all was going well and supposed to be delivered today and then I got the dreaded email that FedEx was delayed due to weather. "sniff....sniff"

Oh well, it's been a year, what's another few days.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

Plus the new logo fits much better on a nib LOL. It's the little things I enjoy sometimes.

1613586550876.png

Jontello

Welcome Back. Just curious...whats the story behind the F3 rebrand Brand? Does it mean or represent something? Hopefully the lathe will arrive soon.

Jon

Carl Fisher

Welcome Back. Just curious...whats the story behind the F3 rebrand Brand? Does it mean or represent something? Hopefully the lathe will arrive soon.

Jon

Part inside joke with my family, part serious.

The short of it is that it stands for Fisher Family Fountain (F3) Pens. Families are complicated and Fisher of Pens was a name that a family member came up with who we haven't spoken with in years. My wife and I wanted to break that tie. Also almost since day one was constantly mixed up with Fisher Space Pens and this will hopefully put some distance around that as well.

The inside joke goes back to our first house where the front of the house was overgrown with Ferns so we kept adding onto a running joke of the Fisher Family Fern Farm etc... by just adding more F words to it. So jokingly I came up with Fisher Family Fountain Pens and once I realized that easily boiled down to F3 it stuck.

I made up a logo that also plays on the Fisher name with fish tails and here we are. Fresh start in many ways but also I've received great support from the fountain pen community and former customers on the rebrand so win-win.

Ironwood

Hi Carl, good to see you are getting back into it. I always admired the pens you made.

I saw on Instagram where you put your logo on a nib. Can I ask, what sort of lazer you need to do that ?

Carl Fisher

Hi Carl, good to see you are getting back into it. I always admired the pens you made.

I saw on Instagram where you put your logo on a nib. Can I ask, what sort of lazer you need to do that ?

Hi Brad.

It's a fiber laser. Jonathon Brooks is doing my nibs for me. He offers the service to other makers as well if you check out his website. https://www.carolinapencompany.com/custom-nibs

I have a CO2 laser in my shop for doing all my other engraving but unfortunately CO2 lasers won't etch metal the way fiber lasers do.

Ironwood

Hi Brad.
It's a fiber laser. Jonathon Brooks is doing my nibs for me. He offers the service to other makers as well if you check out his website. https://www.carolinapencompany.com/custom-nibs

I have a CO2 laser in my shop for doing all my other engraving but unfortunately CO2 lasers won't etch metal the way fiber lasers do.
Ahh, thanks. Just checked them out on eBay, they are a bit above my budget unfortunately.
Unless I win the 50 mill on Powerball tonight.

Jontello

Part inside joke with my family, part serious.

The short of it is that it stands for Fisher Family Fountain (F3) Pens. Families are complicated and Fisher of Pens was a name that a family member came up with who we haven't spoken with in years. My wife and I wanted to break that tie. Also almost since day one was constantly mixed up with Fisher Space Pens and this will hopefully put some distance around that as well.

The inside joke goes back to our first house where the front of the house was overgrown with Ferns so we kept adding onto a running joke of the Fisher Family Fern Farm etc... by just adding more F words to it. So jokingly I came up with Fisher Family Fountain Pens and once I realized that easily boiled down to F3 it stuck.

I made up a logo that also plays on the Fisher name with fish tails and here we are. Fresh start in many ways but also I've received great support from the fountain pen community and former customers on the rebrand so win-win.
Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom