Just one more

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

I made this knife for a lady here in Montana who is a Nurse Practitioner at the Blackfeet Reservation in Heart Butte. It's a gift for her husbands birthday and she is headed home for North Carolina in May. I apologize up front, the photo's taken are bad, I was in a rush to get it in the mail. Not shown is the pen I made for her as a "thank you" for spending time at the Reservation. It was a PSI Trim line done in stabilized Rocky Mountain Maple from my property. It's the least I could give her as a remembrance of her time spent in Montana. Again, sorry for the poor photo quality. Thanks for looking.

The dark wood is Black Walnut Crotch that I had milled some years back and the accent pieces are Curly Koa. The blade style is a fighting knife which I really like. The sheath color is Saddle Tan (not seen is the Wolf Paw print coming out of the sheath pocket which she requested).

20210106_095738.jpg20210106_095858.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Awesome knife and sheath Tom. The finish on that handle is outstanding.

Thanks Chuck, this is the same finish you and I discussed. The lady got back to me today so I figured I put her response here. Makes me feel really good to know people like my work, I'm always very nervous about how things come out. And I think you know how much I LOVE Montana.

"The knife is gorgeous and my husband loves it. I ended up giving it to him as an early birthday present as I couldn't wait for him to see it. Thank you so much for the pen; it is beautiful! Montana will definitely always have a special place in our hearts!"

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Chuck, this is the same finish you and I discussed. The lady got back to me today so I figured I put her response here. Makes me feel really good to know people like my work, I'm always very nervous about how things come out. And I think you know how much I LOVE Montana.

"The knife is gorgeous and my husband loves it. I ended up giving it to him as an early birthday present as I couldn't wait for him to see it. Thank you so much for the pen; it is beautiful! Montana will definitely always have a special place in our hearts!"
I completely agree with her actions, and response. I do know how much you LOVE Montana.

Tom,
I have an old knife from my childhood... probably 65 or 70 years old that I would like put a handle back on... I've long since lost the blade guard... where would I look to find another.... the knife is old and cheap, but looks to be fair steel... would like to fix it for notalgia.

Also have an old military knife I found in a wall behind a cabinet in a house I rented in Novato, CA back in the late '70s... don't know how old it is, but the leather handle has dried out and is loose... wouldn 't mind trying to fix it also. other than the dry leather being loose, the knife is intact.

Tom,
I have an old knife from my childhood... probably 65 or 70 years old that I would like put a handle back on... I've long since lost the blade guard... where would I look to find another.... the knife is old and cheap, but looks to be fair steel... would like to fix it for notalgia.

Also have an old military knife I found in a wall behind a cabinet in a house I rented in Novato, CA back in the late '70s... don't know how old it is, but the leather handle has dried out and is loose... wouldn 't mind trying to fix it also. other than the dry leather being loose, the knife is intact.

I've never done a stacked leather handled knife. My father in law re stacked my Ka-bar that I was issued while in the Navy. He really rebuilt it for me after it sat in my duffel bag for about 30 years after I got out. The leather was dried out and it had a lot of rust on it.

I've done knives that have gone through fires that were so hot the medal was twisted and brittle and putting the scales on was a first class pain. If on your childhood knife the tang is straight and true you should able to put a new handle on it pretty easily. Guards can be made from brass and are easily attached with Epoxy as long as you just want to restore the knife. If you want to use it, which I would suggest you not, then you'll either have to compress the guard on or pin it, or both. Give it a shot and see how it goes.

Top Bottom