Just got a new stabilization chamber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Beasley

I just got my new stabilisation chamber from Mesquite Man and a jug of Cactus Juice. Man that little chamber is a work of art! Way to go Curtis, you do really good work.
I got it set up and tried my pump out on it, and with a brief flush with WD 40 to clean out the vanes I got a good 28 hg out of it. Loaded for bear.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

awesome! I ordered mine back in Jan so I'm hoping to get it soon. I know Curtis is backlogged like crazy for these things. I can't wait to play around with it. Also can't wait to see some of the things you're gonna do with yours Gary!

Gary Beasley

Already got some spalted sweetgum in it. I know how that stuff turns as is, be interesting to see the difference after the treatment. I'm also interested in how it will affect some crosscut red oak I've got. That stuff cracks every time I turn it and let it set a few days.

HamTurns

That's great Gary - I've heard only good things about those chambers.

I'm in the same boat as Brooks803, ordered in Jan, but like him I'm willing to wait for an excellent product.

I've been putting my time to good use learning to cast Alumilite, so when I get to the stabalized wood part I'll have a handle on casting so I can start trying some WW casting.

Let us know how it works for you.

Tom

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Y'all will not regret the wait. I turned a piece of spalted maple this evening, that I had stabelized with the cj. Sanded down to 600 dry, Micro Meshed through to 12,000 and it had such a good shine, I had to call my wife out to the shop to take a look. I told her with the exception of woods, that probably wouldn't take enough juice to make it worthwhile, I don't expect to ever turn a piece of wood that hasn't been stabelized. I can't believe the difference!

Neil

17 west side dr Verona Island maine & 7548 Ratan C
Congrats Gary

You will love the chamber, I own 2 of the chambers 1 in Maine ,and the other I keep in florida for winters. When you stabilize some woods they will double in weight as I have checked it. But I also found sanding at 600 then go to 12000 grit the wood is Gorgeous. You will be ordering more Cactus Juice before you know it. Have Fun :cool:

Justturnin

I hope y'all got the big one. I didn't and wish I did. I go the Production chamber which is the next to largest and wish I would have dropped the $25 for the next size up. Now I gotta order another one.

toyotaman

When stabilizing pen blanks(7/8 x 7/8 x 5), how many blanks do you think you could stabilize with a gallon of Catus juice?, and I've seen the blanks where they are dyed and stabilized. Do you dye it while it's being stabilized or how does that work??

RMayoIII

When stabilizing pen blanks(7/8 x 7/8 x 5), how many blanks do you think you could stabilize with a gallon of Catus juice?, and I've seen the blanks where they are dyed and stabilized. Do you dye it while it's being stabilized or how does that work??

Pretty sure you dye the juice as you would resin prior to pouring into the chamber. Thats how I do it and it works ok.

Top Bottom