Just for Ruth

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This one is pink ivory and is definitely a "girlie" pen. In my book, that makes them GOOD things.

20082145828_PinkIvoryBaron.jpg

Thank you for looking and a special thanks to those who also comment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

That really is a nice one Lou. It could well be a pen that would attract more women than men. I also know more than one man that would like it too! Looking at it again, it looks like Paduk and Narra. Probably just the colour on the screen. :D

leehljp

Member Liaison
Why can't I get PI like that. Do you color it? ;) Beautiful color and beautiful pen Lou! It is gonna make someone Happy!

I have a "cross" made from PI that my daughter gave me and it is dark pink just like that. I can't seem to receive blanks like that though.

Lou, there's nothing inherently girlie about that pen! I'd be proud to own and use it.

Hank, I've purchased a number of pink ivory blanks from Woodturningz, some of which have been outstanding while others have been less so.

Tanner

Beautiful pen Lou!!I have to give that pink ivory a shot. If you see this before you check you email, please check email as the girl at Post Net wrote your zip down wrong from your email to me. FedX is having a problem finding you with one digit off.:(

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Before you all rush to Pink Ivory, it also CRACKS in most people's hands.

Lou, having the ability to charm snakewood, has undoubtedly worked out an agreement with the Pink Ivory too.

As always, beautiful work Lou!!!!!!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by ed4copies

Lou, having the ability to charm snakewood, has undoubtedly worked out an agreement with the Pink Ivory too.

Thanks, Ed and friends. Is this where I'm suppose to mention that I use Nigerian (Gaboon) ebony on the ends of my snakewood pens? [8D]

M

Mudder

I've NEVER had pink ivory crack on me! Must have done 15- 20 pens from the stuff and never a crack. Matter of fact I have to wrestle most of them out of my wife's grip to sell them. :)

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam

Isn't Indian wood usually used to charm snakes???

So many bad jokes, so little time. Like:

How did you know I'm part Cherokee? or...
The ebony works it's "old black magic". or...or... [8D]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Before I let this get totally out of hand, let me thank those of you who have posted comments on the pen. I truly appreciate them. Ruth, I'm just teasing about the "girlie" comment. Although most of my pastel colored pens have sold for women, some have been bought by men...and not just men from Frisco or Key West, either. Hank - finding good pink ivory is difficult. I only buy from known sources who know that I prefer the deep pink. I do not color them. I will occasionally buy a group of lighter pastels but they attract a different clientele. Ed, and others, they tell me pink ivory cracks like snakewood and Gaboon ebony. I'm too dumb to know better, so I just keep making pens from the stuff. With my 3 year warranty, I hope I don't start getting them back! (None so far...knock on snake wood)

JohnU

Very Nice Pen, I bought my PI from Woodturningz also and got mostly dark, only a few light, but never had one crack ...yet.

Top Bottom