Just for fun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jehster1

Jehster1

Found some leftover LVL from a kitchen project a few years ago and so, of course, now my first thought is "FREE PEN MATERIAL!" Cut on 45's, vulcanized paper segments (white and grey), dyed orange because why not. It came out interesting. The "stripes" between each section is just how the wood came out, not added by me.
Laredo2 LVL LR.jpg
Laredo LVL LR.jpg

It's the header beam from this:

20180102_091057.jpg
Passthrough.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

I take that back, it's different than the Monarch. I don't know what it is.

JohnU

Nice color! Looks good. Also, it looks like the Sierra elegant beauty to me...

TonyL

It is an dayacom aero twist. Takes a 23/64 drill or T if you want a more snug hole. Beautiful blank and pen.

Jehster1

The kit is a Laredo. Got it a while ago and found it while cleaning the shop lol.

The blank looks great! The kit looks like an Elegant Monarch, to me.

Nice color! Looks good. Also, it looks like the Sierra elegant beauty to me...
It is an dayacom aero twist. Takes a 23/64 drill or T if you want a more snug hole. Beautiful blank and pen.

I'm going with TonyL...I think. Does EB carry it or does another supplier? This is a really nice looking pen kit. Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas.

TonyL

I'm going with TonyL...I think. Does EB carry it or does another supplier? This is a really nice looking pen kit. Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas.
Yes, I buy mine from EB. Excellent quality and folks love them (mainly gals). Very often I use a cut-off blank - pretty meaty too. I wish there was a slightly more masculine decorative ring. If fact, I am our a just place two large orders with Ed about weeks apart, both time I forgot to order then. I like the chrome and black TI for making easy blanks matching. The other finishes are nice to. I also make two clicks and they lasted well.

Yes, I buy mine from EB. Excellent quality and folks love them (mainly gals). Very often I use a cut-off blank - pretty meaty too. I wish there was a slightly more masculine decorative ring. If fact, I am our a just place two large orders with Ed about weeks apart, both time I forgot to order then. I like the chrome and black TI for making easy blanks matching. The other finishes are nice to. I also make two clicks and they lasted well.

Thanks Tony. This is a nice looking kit I'll have to try. I'm going through a bunch of my old stuff and getting rid of it. I think this kit might make a good replacement in the future.

Top Bottom