Just flew back from Atlanta, arms sure tired

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

Well, actually my legs are shot. I walked for 3 days at the International Woodworking Fair. There was 850,000 sq ft under roof with nearly 1400 exhibitors. They estimate that there is over 30 miles of carpet covering the isles. WOODWORKING OVERLOAD[:p][:p] I stopped by the Grizzly booth to look at a new band saw for me. The salesman came up and it was Shiraz Balolia, the founder and president of Grizzly. It was very impressive to visit with him and very cool that he is still walking the booth, talking to customers, after probably 20 years in business. I will be ordering a band saw from him this week. He gave us the tip to purchase all the machinery we are thinking about this year. There will be some MAJOR price increases after the first of the year. I made a 1000 stops looking at tools, machinery,etc..... Here is a scan of some of the freebies I picked up. Samples of dyed Great Lakes Co. medium density fiberboard. With a clear coat this stuff looks great. They had alot of CNC companies machining this board during the show and looked pretty cool. A couple of sticks of red oak twist rope molding from Outwater Industries, and some polishing film from 3M. I barely got my suitcase closed for the trip back, but I was going to leave the dirty clothes there if I had to.:)I wasn't going to leave the goodies. The next show is in 2 years. I've been there 4 times and suggest that everyone goes once in their lifetime. It was a blast. Oh yea, it didn't cost me a penny to go, I was on an expense account for my day job.[}:)][}:)] It did cost me a little over $600 at the Bosch booth for a new miter saw, screw driver, and new Dremel, though. I couldn't help myself. I was proud of my restraint!!

2006827204955_iwf.jpg

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Sounds like you had a great time. Did know that the president of Grizzly is quite a luthier? I am fortunate to live about 20 minutes away from the PA Grizzly, and it is an amazing place to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom