Just another safety reminder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I was working with Inlace Acrylester... first blew out real good..the 2nd just about exploded in my face. Fortunate my mouth was shut but mainly I was wearing safety goggles over my Rx eyewear. I put protective eye wear on before any machines get turned. Any visitors must wear them also. Please be careful... safety first each and every time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

I was working with Inlace Acrylester... first blew out real good..the 2nd just about exploded in my face. Fortunate my mouth was shut but mainly I was wearing safety goggles over my Rx eyewear. I put protective eye wear on before any machines get turned. Any visitors must wear them also. Please be careful... safety first each and every time.
Glad all is well. Pretty scary to have something blow up in your face.

jttheclockman

Always a good reminder to wear safety gear when in a shop and be at your best when working with machines and tools. So many ways to get hurt in a working shop.

WriteON

Always a good reminder to wear safety gear when in a shop and be at your best when working with machines and tools. So many ways to get hurt in a working shop.
One second can ruin the day... the day plus!. Anyone in the shop has to wear glasses/goggles also. I was preparing my friends pool cue... I gave him goggles ...says he does not need them he'll stand away from me.... I told him Not Good Enough. Same thing at the dentist ...the first thing they should do is give the patient protective eyewear as soon as they sit in the chair...

its_virgil

Inlace Acrylester is not the easiest material with which to work but it does make a really nice looking pen.

From a post by Charles Grage, aka Glass Scratcher: Inlace Acrylester is a product name. The PR it is made from is PolyLite 32153 (there are at least 100 different formulations) manufactured by Reichhold. It does not have the same elasticity or machinability of S41 (Silmar 41) IMHO.

The primary benefit of Polylite over S41, is that it is designed to be loaded to 50%-70% filler(piments and additives).

This link has the Acylester MSDS on it. The MSDS tells the chemical manufacturer, and chemical
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=146-669&gclid=CJ3fkMf55JgCFQpgswodmQ9ncw

Reichhold polylite page. Which will also lead you to the same MSDS.
http://www.reichhold.com/composites/products/brand.cfm?ID=13

Do a good turn daily!
Don

My pen blank appeared to be getting larger...then it hit me! Safety first and always!

WriteON

Full face mask is on when the lathe is on. Glasses are nice but offer limited protection to the rest of the neck and face.
I wear the chemical safety goggles so there is no space between the eyes and eye protectors. My Trend Pro was on the shelf. I
got too comfortable not wearing it. I got my wake up call with a tap on the shoulder.

Woodchipper

WriteON, my wife tapped my on the shoulder...once while I was turning on the lathe. I told her not to to that again unless she wants to call 911. Told her to stand off to the side in my peripheral vision.

derekdd

I'm glad you're okay! Yes, I've had those blanks blow up on me, also with chips all over the place.

After getting to try on the Trend enclosed facemask/air filtration system at MPG last weekend, I wound up buying one partially for the excellent protection.

Top Bottom