Just a newbie looking for some critiques

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chartle

Look good to me.

It seems like for the left one you got a good shape. I've seen a lot of early pens including mine where there was a sort of a fear of turning off all the wood and the pen is thick with rounded ends to meet the hardware.

skiprat

I also think you did good. Great shape. The temptation of just about all of us when we were new, was to make them look like fat sausages. You also achieved a great fit and finish too. Well done. :good::good:

1080Wayne

You can be proud of those as first pens . On the first one , the upper barrel is perfect to my eyes but the lower barrel would be a bit better if it were a hair fatter , like the upper barrel . I would guess the center of the upper barrel to be 5-10 thou greater diameter than the center band or clip end . That is the range I target for . Of the other two , I prefer the top one for the same reasons .

TattooedTurner

I think you did a fantastic job. Unlike the other comments, I prefer more of a curve or a very slight bevel rather than a taper like you have on the first pen, but that’s strictly a personal preference and nothing more. You did a fine job, they’re far better than my first few pens which had the dreaded “wasp” look. I’m sure we’ll be seeing more great work from you soon enough.

mecompco

Nice job--I think the two clicks look great. I agree that the lower barrel on the first pen looks a bit over-turned. Anyway, I think you've got the hang of it!

Top Bottom