June 18th, 2016

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

913 hours remaining. That means it's getting really close....really close!
Made my 'sheet' for my demo already....figure I should be a bit more prepared this time instead of rambling ;)

Scott (time keeps on tickin' tickin' tickin' into the future) B

BJohn

Some one is excited !

Actually Brenda and I are to! This time we know about the pen swap, and will have a couple nice ones to enter.

SDB777

Guess what?

That's right 720 hours remaining!!!
I'm looking forward to learning some more kitless!

Scott (I like pizza and ice cream) B

So how many more hours? Maybe some early directions to where we are going and a repeat later on mite help us folks not use to the big city....

BSea

Ok, I just sent the e-mail with directions to Ken's house. If you're interested in attending, and you didn't get the email, let me know, and I'll get the details to you through a PM.

bmwrider1

I tried to upload a map pic.

Attachments

• pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 198

SDB777

WOOHOO!!!!

Only 432 hours or 25,920 minutes remaining until the meeting!
I should be back to work(released from the WComp), but I'll make sure I'm not milling that day! I've got couple thousand boardfeet of jobs lined up...but I'm making the meeting a top priority over the income!

Looking forward to the 'kitless demo', needing some pointers to figure out what is eluding me.

Got my outline all done, and I'll be bring the sharpening 'system' for my demo(it'll be fairly quick):biggrin:

IMPORTANT
If anyone is planning to attend that is on the forums here, but not on the 'emailing list' and needs the directions(or address to 'smack' into a GPS thing). Ask, and you shall receive them!

Scott (just a little excited) B

Yes! Looking forward to the demo as well! I have just had hernia surgery Firday & intended to start on my PITH Modified Slimline today but; I wasn't aware that I was going to be as , let's say, handicapped as I am! lol I decided my previous effort just wasn't what I wanted so I am back to the drawing board! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

SDB777

Surgery trumps pen-turning.....you might not need to be turning for awhile.

I'll admit, I haven't turned a pen. Been trying to keep up the pile of Red Maple blanks I've had laying around on the other side of the lathe. Turned four bowls in the last week-n-a-half! I'll start on the Butternut chunks tomorrow after I get done mowing the grass.....if it stops raining long enough.

Scott (14 days and a 'wake-up') B

Well aint that just peachy...

3 more efforts @ a modified....from a peach tree limb behind the church...

Attachments

• PEACH ONE (1).JPG
    PEACH ONE (1).JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 191
  • PEACH TWO.JPG
    PEACH TWO.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 185
  • PEACH THREE.JPG
    PEACH THREE.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 189

TDE

Phillip, that pen looks really good. I spoke with DLGunn and he asked if anyone had made a pen from his Alumalite blanks. I haven't yet but I need to.

SDB777

I'm bring the sharpening system....demo!
I've been told that Lyn will not be making it, gonna be hot, she don't do hot all that well....

Scott (how many hours) B

V.A. stuff

Well, I have got some sandpaper, about 10 pen kits with blanks & some Hutt
finish to donate to the V.A. rehab. turning project....Wife is sick, but I hope to still be there for a least a couple of hours....:cowboy:

Attachments

• DSC02758.JPG
    DSC02758.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 196

SDB777

Whew....thanks Ken for once again opening up your home to us. Had some great information shared during this meeting and I'm at this very moment, waiting on the GoPro files to convert so I can do a bit of editing.

Scott (side-tracked into a bowl) B

Top Bottom