June 13th 2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Just to let those that couldn't attend know. It was discussed and a consensus was reached for the next meeting date of June 13th, 2015....and letting folks know this far out should get the attendance up.

We all have things to do, but by the people attending coming up with the dates for the meeting(s) they are not trying to make it difficult for others to get there(they are sort of the same people that are always at the meetings).

That said, this far out....we should be able to come up with some great demos!

#1-Demo:
I should have the duck call turning down enough to do one of those? It takes about 1hr(unless I drill the blank prior and just sort of explain that part)...then it is closer to 30-35min.

Scott (only missed the first meeting...been to everyone since) B

Got the date on my calendar!

Any idea of location?:biggrin:

Just to let those that couldn't attend know. It was discussed and a consensus was reached for the next meeting date of June 13th, 2015....and letting folks know this far out should get the attendance up.

We all have things to do, but by the people attending coming up with the dates for the meeting(s) they are not trying to make it difficult for others to get there(they are sort of the same people that are always at the meetings).

#1-Demo:
I should have the duck call turning down enough to do one of those? It takes about 1hr(unless I drill the blank prior and just sort of explain that part)...then it is closer to 30-35min.

Plastic or wood?

I will bring some samples of what your blanks look like finished! Hope to get a multi-multi :wink:pour soon! (hint-Hint)

#1-Demo:

BSea

As far as location, I offered to host, but I may have to bow out. I'll know more next week.

For those that don't know, my Dad passed away recently, and my mother is living with my sister in Tupelo MS. My sister and her family are going on vacation starting the 12th. My plan is to go get my Mom & bring her here for the week. But we'll see. I'm going to see her next week, and hopefully, I'll have everything figured out after meeting with my sister and Mom.

More next week.

BSea

Ok, it looks like I won't be able to host this next meeting. I'll either be in Tupelo, or driving back from Tupelo on that Saturday.

Sorry. :frown:

Depending on how things fall, I might be able to make the meeting, but I doubt I'll even know that till The 12th.

Last edited:
Looking for a place

I had/have June 13th set aside for me to come back up there! All I need to know is where,,,,,Ifn it wasn't so durn far down here for everyone.I would invite ya'll to "come on down" but I really don't think anyone would want to come that far!
I have started a local WoodTurning group down here! We meet the 1st Thursday of every month! June 4 we are going to look at stablizing blanks with a pickle jar & Curtis Seebeck's Cactus Juice. Maybe even mix up some alumilite to fill some voids in some hackberry! I thought we might become a AAW chapter but maybe not....:hypnotized:

Also,

On June 20th the local Artisan's Co-op is going to have its 2nd annual art exhibit complete with ink pens, duck calls & bowls!:biggrin:

Kens Pens

June Meeting

#1-Demo:

If you need a place for the June meeting, I will be glad to host at my house. I have plenty of space and I have a small pen turning lathe. I will provide lunch and please bring your own drinks. I live at 581 Silverwood Trail in North Little rock, Ar 72116. My number is 501-681-9980. Please let me know if you would like to do this and about how many will attend. I have been turning pens 15 years. thanks Ken

BSea

Thanks for hosting Ken. Don't worry if some don't answer. Many look at the facebook page instead. And if I can figure out how to get there, I'll put a link to this thread, and your post.

Talkin' to Scott...

Hey everyone! Just talkin' to Scott & he told me about the post! Plan on being there! How is the best way to get to location? Toward Conway? JFK? Or Sherwood area? :confused:

Kens Pens

Directions to Ken Leslie's house at 581 Silverwood Trail North Little Rock, AR 72116
Look forward to seeing and meeting you.

1. From I – 30 East
2. Exit onto AR-107 N/J.F.K. Blvd (Approximately 3.2 miles to Osage)
3. Turn left onto Osage Dr
4. Turn left onto Incas Dr
5. Take the 1st right onto Silverwood Trail; in .7 of a mile house will be on the right

1. From I – 40 West
2. Exit onto AR-107 N/J.F.K. Blvd (Approximately 3.2 miles to Osage)
3. Turn left onto Osage Dr
4. Turn left onto Incas Dr
5. Take the 1st right onto Silverwood Trail;.7 mile house will be on the right

BSea

I'd bring one just in case. I think the last meeting was the 1st that I attended that didn't have one. Except for the 1st few when we were getting organized.

Knucklefish

Howdy guys! I was hoping to make it but was reminded last night that I am going to Ft. Smith to visit the grandbaby this weekend. Gotta say, between the Grandbaby and work, I can't seem to catch a break. Anyway, I'll quit wining...YOU GUYS HAVE A BLAST!

BSea

I'm not going to be there either. I'm out of town. I hoped to be back, but it isn't happening. I hate this too. This meeting looks like it will be one of the best with several new people.

TDE

I would like to thank Ken And Nancy for having all of us at their house today. Thanks for the lunch and just all around good fun. Always good to see old friends and meet new friends. Happy turning to all. Ted:)

Top Bottom