Judas Tree Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lefyldepens

lefyldepens

Just crafted a pen from an interesting rare wood 'Judas Tree Wood'.

Biblical references cite that Judas Iscario hung himself from this type of tree after betraying Christ.
05caa896c0a735fd2862eb0b1b28ebba.jpg
760469dea3f0fd6d669710963d80fe28.jpg
624961c1d0ee9ca620e3f0b63baf2764.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Can't quite tell if it is the grain or artifacts from compression but it does look like some nice wood.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
never heard of Judas Tree before, very nice looking wood

It's a redbud tree. The Mediterranean redbud (which is properly known by the common name of Judas Tree) is in the same family, but a different specific species from our Eastern Redbud that is prominent in the Houston area. Eastern Redbud is often called a Judas Tree. Although similar, it isn't exactly the same as the Mediterranean Judas Tree though.

Dehn0045

It's a redbud tree. The Mediterranean redbud (which is properly known by the common name of Judas Tree) is in the same family, but a different specific species from our Eastern Redbud that is prominent in the Houston area. Eastern Redbud is often called a Judas Tree. Although similar, it isn't exactly the same as the Mediterranean Judas Tree though.

I always keep an eye out for Redbud Burl, in the photos it looks really nice, but have never been able to score any. I'm sure I will come across some someday.

lefyldepens

This piece has almost a yellow/green glow to it, very stunning piece of wood

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

KLJ

That is a nice job on the pen. I have turned some bowls from redbud that has been from a chocolate brown to golden in color. It seems to want to move a lot. I have some that has been cut about two years but I left it in large pieces if anybody is interested.

Top Bottom