Jr. Statesman replacement

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

larryc

Does anyone know of a direct replacement of the Jr. Statesman with metal threads?
My customer (who has purchased seven pens from me) has returned two Jr. Statesman because of stripped threads. He wants to keep the same profile.

plano_harry

Are you looking for a metal female cap thread? With the thin platings we have, metal on metal in previous designs has been shown to be a problem. The current plastics have been pretty durable. I have not had any reported failures. Why not just install a new thread coupling?

DrD

The Triton looks to be a direct replacement for the Statesman Jr. I have never made one so I do not know about the cap threads nor the nib bushing threads. Just a word of caution re metal threads in cap and nib: the body has a tendency to come unscrewed if the pen is clipped into shirt or coat pocket - least-wise with Streamline American and Series 2000 Streamline Flat Tops.

plano_harry

The Triton looks to be a direct replacement for the Statesman Jr. I have never made one so I do not know about the cap threads nor the nib bushing threads. Just a word of caution re metal threads in cap and nib: the body has a tendency to come unscrewed if the pen is clipped into shirt or coat pocket - least-wise with Streamline American and Series 2000 Streamline Flat Tops.
Triton has the same plastic internal cap threads.

Top Bottom