Jr Gent / Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

Two totally different Pens the Slimline is Bamboo never turned it before arrived today. Bit disappointed it looks like Oak.
The Jn Gent I love this kit sorry not a clue what the wood is.
Both finished in Melamine Laquer.
All comments appreciated.

Attachments

• pen3.jpg
    pen3.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 180
  • pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 193
  • pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 190
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bats

I assume that's an engineered bamboo, rather than the straight-from-the-stalk flavor? I used some to make a handle for a lathe chisel a few years back and swore I'd never do it again. It came out beautifully, but instead of chips, shavings, or dust, turning it seemed to produce an infinite number of tiny needles, which got into everything.

"Everything" being mostly "my flesh".

Kcimdrib

I assume that's an engineered bamboo, rather than the straight-from-the-stalk flavor? I used some to make a handle for a lathe chisel a few years back and swore I'd never do it again. It came out beautifully, but instead of chips, shavings, or dust, turning it seemed to produce an infinite number of tiny needles, which got into everything.

"Everything" being mostly "my flesh".
Yes it looks like it is laminated and the blanks are only 1/2 × 1/2 × 5 inches so for Slimline ok but not alot of room to maneuver.
No splinters in fact turned Easy and held a little detail

Kcimdrib

Your Jr. Gent looks to be Koa wood if I were to make a guess.
Thanks Christopher it was in a box of odd pieces I find it difficult to keep track of odd bits. To my knowledge I've never purchased Koa in fact never heard of it.
But thanks for taking an interest.

Top Bottom