Jr Gent Scales

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ken Wines

Ken Wines

Jr Gent Scales in Black Palm and Maple. There are 48 inlays in the lower tube and 42 in the cap tube
IMG_5335.JPG

IMG_5337.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

What a delightful pen !!! . Congratulations on your accomplishment, Ken !!

Thanks for showing !!!

Lucky2

OMG, what a gorgeous pen!!!! There has to be hour upon hour to assemble that blank, you could never sell it to make a profit off of it because of that,. Could you?? It is quite the accomplishment, and from what I can see, the alignment of inlays is spot on.

Len

tiggere

That is a work of art...I would really like to see a video or a detailed explanation of how this is done...

Ken Wines

Great looking Jr Gent pen !
You really spent the time to line the scales up..it shows !

đź‘Ť
Thanks, Russ. Part of the process during the cutting with the laser is to number the inlays. By doing so, I am able to place them back in the same relative position to the other inlays and maintain the continuity of the grain pattern.

Ken Wines

I love it Ken! Keep inspiring us. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, Mark. I'm so busy making blanks for others that I rarely get to turn a pen nowadays. When I was making this set, I knew I was going to keep it and try my luck at making a pen that had black palm in it.

Ken Wines

OMG, what a gorgeous pen!!!! There has to be hour upon hour to assemble that blank, you could never sell it to make a profit off of it because of that,. Could you?? It is quite the accomplishment, and from what I can see, the alignment of inlays is spot on.

Len
Thanks, Len. The assembly time is not really that bad. I lightly engrave numbers into the inlays during the process of laser cutting them. This lets me put them back in their same relative position to each other and maintain the grain continuity. I've never been that good at selling pens and the role I stay most busy at is making laser cut inlay blanks for other makers.

Ken Wines

That is a work of art...I would really like to see a video or a detailed explanation of how this is done...
Thanks, tiggere. Your words are too kind. My buddy, Bob Blanford, has been after me to start up a You Tube channel. I told him that he would have to give me some one on one lessons on how to do that. I stay so busy making blanks for others but we will see what happens in 2020.

Top Bottom