Jr Gent Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

My favorite pencil kit 10 yrs ago (or longer). Found this kit tucked away in a drawer so I made me a pencil. It was the best pencil kit (my opinion) way back then. Used the Schmidt pencil mechanism.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

20220130_121215-02.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Love the blue and the gold there. What kind of blank is that?
Thanks. Where did I get the blank? I've had that blank for several yrs. The blank is .75" square and 12" long. My best guess is I purchased it from vermontfreehand.com or richardlgreenwald.com . It was with my long blanks and my best memory is I've only purchased long blanks from those two places until recently. I will keep thinking.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Stubach

Why would they discontinue a classic set like that? I'm too new to the hobby to have ever seen one before and would have loved to make some of those for my pencil users.

its_virgil

Why would they discontinue a classic set like that? I'm too new to the hobby to have ever seen one before and would have loved to make some of those for my pencil users.
The ballpoint has not been discontinued. As I mentioned above, the ballpoint refill (parker style) can be replaced with a schmidt pencil mechanism. I actually replaced the pencil mechanism with a parker style ballpoint refill and spring and it worked flawlessly. So, If you want to pursue this then purchase a ballpoint kit and a schmidt pencil mechanism and you will be good to go. Only drawback is the pencil will not have an eraser under the cap. Exotixblanks.com sells the jr gent ballpoint and the schmidt pencil mechanism.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

caveat: The conversion works with the ballpoint kit I have which is at least 10 yrs old. Hopefully, the ballpoint kit has not changed. It looks the same online as the one I just made.

Top Bottom