Jr. Bleached Wenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sorcerertd

sorcerertd

Well, I finally got this finished up. A little here, a little there. Anyway, this is a simply stated Diamond Knurl RB in antique copper. I rubbed it down with walnut oil on them and then finished with Pens Plus.

The details...
I prepped the blanks/barrels the usual way, then turned it down almost to the bushing size. I soaked them for maybe 2 hours in bleach, rinsed them thoroughly, and let them sit for a few days. I only left them that long because I haven't had time to do much in the shop anyway. The wenge bleached a little more than I expected. I'll be watching that more closely in the future as I was going for a little less contrast than this. I put some walnut oil on the cap barrel before I shaved it down the last little bit in order to see how it might look after I finished it. Those couple of dark spots appeared when I was taking it down to size with the skew. I'm not sure what happened with it, if it just got burnished or what, but I tried to sand it lightly. That wasn't looking like it was going to change anything without sanding too much off, so I just left it as it was. In the end, I like the aged look that it adds.

20230604_190549.jpg

20230604_190556.jpg

20230604_190613.jpg

20230604_190718.jpg

20230604_190725.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

It looks cool - I really like how it turned out. I agree with you, the shading on the blank really fits nicely with the antique copper finish. - Dave

Top Bottom