Jowo Housing Cad file

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sworist

Does anyone have a CAD file drawn up of the Jowo #6 nib/feed housing accurate up to +-0.01 mm dims?

If you have one of Sailor's 21k nib grip housing that would be great as well (though I doubt anyone does).

Thanks,

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gersh

I'm not sure if this will help but fpnibs has a drawing like this for the nibs they sell. This one is specifically for the jowo #6

Attachments

• 970.jpg
    970.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 490

Sworist

I'm not sure if this will help but fpnibs has a drawing like this for the nibs they sell. This one is specifically for the jowo #6

This does help a lot. It seems to be "official" measurements, though I don't know for certain since I don't currently have any housings on hand to measure.

It's annoying they put commas instead of periods though (ie M7.4 x.5 for the threads).

Thanks!

Edit: their site seems to be under construction when I tried to get more info :(

watch_art

Does anyone have a CAD file drawn up of the Jowo #6 nib/feed housing accurate up to +-0.01 mm dims?

If you have one of Sailor's 21k nib grip housing that would be great as well (though I doubt anyone does).

Thanks,

Sailor uses a few different sizes for their housings, so it depends on which pen you're taking the nib unit from. They glue things together, so I usually soak these in hot ass tea kettle water to loosen the glue. Grab the grip part, and the metal section threads, and unscrew the grip from the metal threaded part. The grip and nib unit will come apart, and then you can pop the whole housing out of there. They usually have 52 tpi best I can remember.

watch_art

Here's a pic of a Sailor King of Pen section I just took apart. Grip the section with rubber, then a rubber spark plug pliers, stick something in the hole in the side of the metal tenon (tweezers), and just unscrew them apart from each other.

51 tpi. Not 52.

sailor nib unit.jpg

AdventiveIowa

It's annoying they put commas instead of periods though (ie M7.4 x.5 for the threads).

A lot of European countries use this system. I know Switzerland and The Netherlands do, there's actually a setting on Windows where you can set the country you're in and it will automatically change that for you. Not sure why, it might have to do with periods in computer software being used for other things.

-Hank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darley

darrin1200

if I may ask when people ask for the thread on this nib they say it's M7.4 -.5 , is that a fine thread or Extra fine , I'm looking at get a jump at it but die and tap are quiet expensive so want know before expense , here I'm working with UNF or UNEF , any help would be appreciated
Thank you

UNF and UNEF are terms used to define "Standard" threads.
These are metric threads. They are not defined as course or fine.

darrin1200

These are referring to the number of threads.
If you look at a normal thread, you can find where it begins, and follow it around and around all the way down.

With a triple start thread, there are actually 3 threads all the way along. If you look at the end, you can actually find the start of each of the three.

Attachments

• 1591099372140.png
    1591099372140.png
    211 KB · Views: 226

More4dan

if I may ask when people ask for the thread on this nib they say it's M7.4 -.5 , is that a fine thread or Extra fine , I'm looking at get a jump at it but die and tap are quiet expensive so want know before expense , here I'm working with UNF or UNEF , any help would be appreciated
Thank you
There is a lower cost option for a JOWO nib taps. Amazon has a M6.5 x 0.5 that works for a #5 nib and a M7.5 x 0.5 that is close enough to work for the #6 nib.

Danny

Top Bottom