Joined a few weeks back-from NM

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

Hello folks,

I'm a little late on the intro thread. I joined at the end of February after checking out the site from time to time.

It is just a wealth of knowledge and I'm happy to have joined.

I started out turned bowls with a wood pen now and then as part of pens for the troops activities at a local woodturning club. Nothing too serious.

I recently got fascinated with acrylics and have been making some pens and keyrings with them the past few weeks. I've learned a lot and have gotten some great pointers from the posts here to make it all so much more fun.

I've been turning between centers ( roughing on a mandrel ). I'm fortunate to have a couple of precision ground dead centers from an old job I had.

I'm in southern New Mexico.

Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Welcome Jim, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/librar...en_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.
Charles

Top Bottom