Jim15

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I have to do this. :) Sorry Jim. But Jim has been a member here just about as long as I have and is one of the original members when this great forum got its wings and started to fly. So he has seen the transformation of this site over the years. Has seen members come and go for many reasons. He has witnessed thousands of photos of pens, family pets, other hobbies that people partake in, sporting events, and photos of shops being built or rebuilt, jigs being made to make the hobby easier or more exciting, watched and learned many new methods of finishing, watched as new ideas have grown in all fields of pen turning, read thousands of threads pertaining to a whole bunch of different subjects and many being pen turning related,. seen some infighting at times but usually gets resolved quickly due to the great leader we have here, and the list goes on and on. Now with that all said and this does not happen here but maybe should, we need to recognize one of the stalwarts in many ways of this very site. We are celebrating a Birthday Bash which commemorates the beginnings of the best penturning site on the net but with it we attracted one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Now I never had the pleasure of meeting Jim in person but from what I have seen here over these 15 years I would be honored to meet him. He is a person that never ever has a bad word to say about anyone or anything. He always compliments people on their pens and have to say he does this more frequently than anyone I ever seen do it here. Always a condolence prayer for passing members. Always a nice thank you for people helping him when needed. Now I had to check his photo album to see some of his work over the past years because Jim does not show off much here and some times it may get missed. I think you should do so more often Jim. šŸ˜€

Anyway I just wanted to say thanks to a great guy and great member here that I think gets overlooked for those little things he does. What better time than during this celebration, I can not think of one. Thanks Jim15 (Jim Schrand) Probably not what you wanted to see your name in lights but for years I watched and took note and just had to say something. Be well friend. Happy Turning!!
[h3][/h3]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
John - How nice of you to say those kind words about our friend Jim! Well deserved, too. He's a great guy and an asset to our IAP community. I have had the pleasure of meeting Jim. The last time was at the Ohio Chapter a couple years ago at Bob Jackson's in Elyria. He's as nice in person as he is on the forum!

Argo13

John, Your right on about Jim, very nice guy! I have had the pleasure of meeting him as well.

I've been on the forum for 8 years now but I really appreciate the old guard that started this forum and continues to support it. Thanks to both of you (And many others)!

Jason

Jim15

WOW thank you John! This is post is one of the nicest things that has ever happened to me. I'm more like a cheerleader in the last few years as some health issues have held me back but I hope to get up to speed again and start making some pens again. In my opinion this is the nicest forum on the internet thanks to all the great members and Jeff who oversees it all. I wish I was a little younger and could visit many of the great forum friends I have made. Thank you all for the great compliments. This place is like a second home to me and I enjoy all the beautiful work done by the members. Thanks again John this is really great.

jttheclockman

WOW thank you John! This is post is one of the nicest things that has ever happened to me. I'm more like a cheerleader in the last few years as some health issues have held me back but I hope to get up to speed again and start making some pens again. In my opinion this is the nicest forum on the internet thanks to all the great members and Jeff who oversees it all. I wish I was a little younger and could visit many of the great forum friends I have made. Thank you all for the great compliments. This place is like a second home to me and I enjoy all the beautiful work done by the members. Thanks again John this is really great.
Jim you are more than welcome. I believe that sometimes we need to step back and just look around at what we have and in you we have a person that is kind and friendly and always with a kind word. I have watched this for many years and hope to be able to continue. All the best and do get back to making some great looking pens and showing us.

Top Bottom