jewelry tower

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Lynch

Dale Lynch

Hi fellas, This is my now what jewelry tower. made using wenge for the base, spacers, and finials. Peruvian Walnut for the plates, Eastern red Cedar for thr rings,and birdseye maple for the lid.

I started with leftover 1x3 walnut strips, so I edge joineded them and then resawed and dimentioned them to 3/8 x 6. Didn't have enough to make a traditional box so now what? Well i had these boxes of rings I picked up a couple years ago.Found some cedar ones, cleaned up the inside and profiled the outside, the inlayed them into the plates. Base had to be heavy to keep it from tipping, found a peice of wenge I had leftover from another project.Turned a dish in the center and routed a profile in the top and outer edge.I also made the spacers and finials out of the leftover wenge.The lid i cut a mortice in a scrap of birdseye and glued in some wenge then did the shaping.

No finish on the Cedar so the misses can smell it. Satin laquer finish on the plates, gloss lacquer for the base, spacers, and finials.
jewelry tower.jpg
jewelry tower1.jpg
jewelry tower2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

Hi fellas, This is my now what jewelry tower. made using wenge for the base, spacers, and finials. Peruvian Walnut for the plates, Eastern red Cedar for thr rings,and birdseye maple for the lid.

I started with leftover 1x3 walnut strips, so I edge joineded them and then resawed and dimentioned them to 3/8 x 6. Didn't have enough to make a traditional box so now what? Well i had these boxes of rings I picked up a couple years ago.Found some cedar ones, cleaned up the inside and profiled the outside, the inlayed them into the plates. Base had to be heavy to keep it from tipping, found a peice of wenge I had leftover from another project.Turned a dish in the center and routed a profile in the top and outer edge.I also made the spacers and finials out of the leftover wenge.The lid i cut a mortice in a scrap of birdseye and glued in some wenge then did the shaping.

No finish on the Cedar so the misses can smell it. Satin laquer finish on the plates, gloss lacquer for the base, spacers, and finials.View attachment 341982View attachment 341984View attachment 341985
Excellent work.

Top Bottom