Jet Vortex Dust Collector

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMckin5324

:ghost: I'm ready to get a real Dust collector set up going and I'm thinking about one of the Jet Vortex 1.5 hp Dust Collector. Has anyone had any experience with these or just the jet itself.

Thanks for Any input

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

I have had the Jet 1100cfm for about 5 years and have had no problem with it. I am getting ready to modify it to a Vortex. Your description sounds like mine except for the Vortex. I am no expert in dust collectors but this is the one that I was recommended to buy and it has worked well for me. YMMV.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I've had the Jet 1100 CFM (2 micron canister version DC-1100 DC) for 3 years and it has worked great, I would guess I have around 1000 hours of use on it. It looks like the 1.5 HP Vortex Model DC-1100VX CK is a upgrade to the DC-1100 DC that adds a "vortex cone" which I am guessing is something similar to a Thein Baffle.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Whatever you do, PLEASE upgrade the filteration system. I just took a look at the specs for that DC and it comes with 30 micron bags. That is NOT fine enough and is really more of a health issue than having no DC. I don't understand why the damn DC makers don't care enough about their customers to use real filtration. The problem with 30 micron bags is that it is not trapping the really small stuff, the stuff that is really bad for you so when you have the DC running, you are creating a nice big pump to keep the dangerous stuff airborne and floating around the shop.

I recently dealt with the death of my father from cancer. His cancer was a fairly rare form whose only know link in Americans is exposure to plywood sawdust. He was a carpenter all his life and was only dealing with plywood sawdust out "in the filed" with natural breeze, not cooped up in an enclosed shop. Of course he never wore a mask of any kind. Let me tell you, the cancer that he had was not pleasant at all and he suffered tremendously with the effects from the radiation treatments for 6 years before his death. GET GOOD FILTRATION FOR IT!! 1 micron or less.

Last edited:

Woodlvr

Curtis are you talking about the bottom bags? I only have the plastic bags that came with the DC from Jet.

Top Bottom