Jet mini switch question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I think the switch on my jet mini just went bad. I am trying to check it with a continuity tester but am not sure that I am doing it right. The switch has 4 leads 2 upper and 2 lower. With the switch in the on position I have continuity on between the upper and lower lead on one side only. I am pretty sure this means the switch is bad but am not 100% sure. Can someone confirm my conclusion?

And yes it is plugged in and yes there is power to the outlet.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim15

Cody, I had the same problem on my Jet and it turned out to be sawdust and dirt. I blew the inside out with a gentle air compressor blast and it started working fine. I hope it's something simple like that for you. Good luck.

Cwalker935

Cody, I had the same problem on my Jet and it turned out to be sawdust and dirt. I blew the inside out with a gentle air compressor blast and it started working fine. I hope it's something simple like that for you. Good luck.

Inside the switch?

Cwalker935

Thanks Jim you put me on the right track. Blowing out the switch did not work but I was able to take the switch apart and clean it out. One of the copper slides was out of place and I realigned it (it's possible that it moved during disassembly). Buttoned everything back up and it is now working.

Jim15

Thanks Jim you put me on the right track. Blowing out the switch did not work but I was able to take the switch apart and clean it out. One of the copper slides was out of place and I realigned it (it's possible that it moved during disassembly). Buttoned everything back up and it is now working.

Glad it's now working for you.:)

jttheclockman

Those jet switches are known as a weak link. What I always found to be a quick remedy for those switches is to push in on the handle as you turn it on. May have to do it a couple times but what it does is 2 things. Cleans those contacts off and if need be it resets them. You can always get a heavier duty switch. If under warrenty most just call Jet and get a free replacement.

Top Bottom