Jet Mini Lathe parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

fshenkin94

Amyone know where I can get a safety switch for a jet mini. I hit the switch a little too hard after ruining a pice that I was working on. The lathe wouldn't start again and after some experimentation I determined that it was the switch.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Those switches have a reputation for being a problem. A lot of them quit working because they get dust inside of them. Fortunately, they are easy to disassemble and clean out. Why don't you try cleaning out your switch to see if it helps. If not, you can order one from JET at www.jettools.com. There is a 2 year warranty on that lathe. Maybe, you can get them to send you a free one??

You may be able to find a similar switch at Radio Shack.

byounghusband

I am getting RID of that POS switch!!![:(!][:(!]
I bought a 4S box, a light switch, and a plug set. I will wire the plugs split, one will work on the switch and one will be hot as long as power is supplied to unit. I will mount the box inside my lathe stand/cabinet. No more POS JET switch!!![:D][:D]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I am going to put in the third set of bearings in my Jet mini in 2 years and 5 months.
Never had a problem with the switch.

armyturner

I recently ordered a replacement part for a jet mini under warranty through Jet. I also priced some other parts, one being a dust collector canister filter that was priced over $100 more through Jet than at Woodcraft, and the lady told me that it would be cheaper to go through an authorized repair shop for the parts. On the jettools.com site you can search for repair shops in your area....may be considerably cheaper

fbearman

I got mine from McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com) for 3.90 each - I got 3 and with shipping they came to 15.70, got them in 2 days. The McMaster-Carr part # is 7343 K712 , at least that is what my invoice says. The description is Toggle Switch, SPST, On-Off, 15 Amps, Quick Disconnect. This is a way better switch than came with the Jet, and is working just great (I might have my extras for a long time). Hope this helps.

Fred Bearman
Port Huron, Michigan

Czarcastic

About a year ago, I bought a replacement switch for my Jet Mini at Home Depot for about $2.49
I Just took out the old one and brought it with me to match up the size.
No problems.

Randy_

That is not the kind of thing I would expect to find at a Home Depot?? Where did you find it? In the electrical department or the tool department? Thanks.

Czarcastic

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />That is not the kind of thing I would expect to find at a Home Depot?? Where did you find it? In the electrical department or the tool department? Thanks.
Randy:
The switches all hang on some peg board on and endcap in the electrical aisle. If I remember, the same board holds some fuses and stuff of that nature.
If I can swing by on my way home, I'll see of I can find a HD part number for you.

Randy_

Originally posted by fbearman
<br />I got mine from McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com) for 3.90 each - I got 3 and with shipping they came to 15.70, got them in 2 days. The McMaster-Carr part # is 7343 K712 , at least that is what my invoice says. The description is Toggle Switch, SPST, On-Off, 15 Amps, Quick Disconnect. This is a way better switch than came with the Jet, and is working just great (I might have my extras for a long time). Hope this helps.

From looking at the web site, that switch looks like the one for the VS model JET and not the std. model.....they are quite different???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom