Jet 1236 speed issue.......cleaning?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerGarrett

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since this topic came up, but my Jet 1236 is experinecing two problems I want to solve, and this thread is definitely related to the original thread:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14648&whichpage=1

When I try to move to the fastest speed, the handle will not lock in place - or click at all. Thus, when you are on that speed, the handle vibrates back down to the next position. I'm going to remove covers and begin cleaning, lubricating as per this thread, but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone else has had this particular issue.

Second problem is probably related to the first - the handle is a little resistant to move - but not catching - just slow/stiff.

Wondering Dario - is this why you sold your Jet 1235 and upgraded?

BTW - purchased a new Jet Mini VS - as a second lathe. Really need two - and I'm looking forward to putting it together today.

Best,
Roger Garrett:D

Dario

Roger,

No problem on mine that I am aware of...the only reason I sold it is I have no space in my garage and I need the money. Otherwise it would have been my buffing station LOL [:D][}:)].

The reason for the upgrade is just a pure stroke of luck (like winning a lottery or something). Ben gave me a sweet deal and accomodated my financial situation so just I can get the lathe. [^]

Congrats on the Jet mini VS...you will love it. [^]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom