Jet 1221vs replacement bearings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RobS

Hi guys,
I need to change the bearings In my jet 1221vs. 4.5years old over 2,000 hrs of use.

I have a source for jet replacement parts. But was wondering does any know of an alternative source that would cost less and which bearings to get. Emphasis on which ones.

I don't have access to it right now so I can't take it apart to get the bearing code. But I'd like to get them on order.
Please let me know if you can

merry Christmas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Hi guys,
I need to change the bearings In my jet 1221vs. 4.5years old over 2,000 hrs of use.

I have a source for jet replacement parts. But was wondering does any know of an alternative source that would cost less and which bearings to get. Emphasis on which ones.

I don't have access to it right now so I can't take it apart to get the bearing code. But I'd like to get them on order.
Please let me know if you can

merry Christmas
I would call jet and talk to them. Who knows they may send for free.

MiteyF

Bearings are standardized. From that fiche, it looks like the spindle uses a 6004 and 6005 bearing, both sealed. They should be available cheaply from a huge number of sources.

nickexile

Hi Rob, did you find some quality made replacements? I am starting my search for US-made bearings to replace my 1221vs. I also turn bowls and had a particularly gnarly catch and "bowl-sposion" that I am quite sure damaged my bearings causing the chuck or Mandel to wobble.

Top Bottom