jet 1014 parts..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DennisM

Does anyone know of any place local in chicago that has parts for a jet lathe?

I had my lathe delivered today from texas, and the shipping package company must have dropped it and the handle that connects to the screw drive in the tailstock snapped off.

Most sites I have checked have a 2-4 week lead time on getting it and would love to get it running before then...

Attachments

• DSC_5863.jpg
    DSC_5863.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Dennis:
Jet has GREAT customer service! You can put in a call to them and they will usually ship the same day or next, or refer you to a dealer that will ship the same day or next.

DennisM

Dennis:
Jet has GREAT customer service! You can put in a call to them and they will usually ship the same day or next, or refer you to a dealer that will ship the same day or next.

I called them and they said 2 weeks on shipping. I will try again maybe got a new guy..

Thanks..

jttheclockman

I called them and they said 2 weeks on shipping. I will try again maybe got a new guy..

Thanks..

Don't take no for an answer. Was not your fault. I know I wouldn't let them off the phone and would keep working my way up the chain of voltures till I got what I want.

DennisM

Ok well will try calling them again tomorrow, their online ordering sucks. Every other supplier I think goes through them as well.

Need to get a belt now as well. This one is starting to crack and already has small sections of the ribs missing :(

If anyone has a spare belt laying around, let me know!

ROOKIETURNER

I agree with what the others have said. I purchased a 1014 from Woodcraft and within a few weeks the tail stock locking nut bolt stripped out. Within three days they had the part on route. I didn't take no for an answer.

DennisM

I agree with what the others have said. I purchased a 1014 from Woodcraft and within a few weeks the tail stock locking nut bolt stripped out. Within three days they had the part on route. I didn't take no for an answer.

Yes but I didnt but this new, I bought it used. The store the seller used to package and ship it had to break it while packaging it up. So no warranty repair on it and not really worth the hassle of arguing with them.

rebelgal1

have u tried a woodworking dealer like Klingspor, There is one in my neighborhood in Nc and they actually have alot of replacement parts in stock, I have the same lathe and have to get a few replacement items

Last edited:
Top Bottom