Jeff's To-Do List

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to use this sticky post to keep track of things that need to be fixed or implemented.
Post a followup and I'll add it to the list.

Set post length to 1048576 as previously (long posts could not be edited) - DONE
Member Map DONE
Library Index
Donations Page
Animated Avatars - DONE
Rebuild the Wiki
More Smiles - DONE
Repost Policies (TOS, AUP, Privacy, Safety, Copyright)
Photo Albums
Top-Of-Post Arrow - DONE

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I have not figured out how to add to my album yet either. Had not figured out if I could or if we have to start a new one here. The difference between the words album and media are a bit confusing. Needs more play time.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have not figured out how to add to my album yet either. Had not figured out if I could or if we have to start a new one here. The difference between the words album and media are a bit confusing. Needs more play time.
It's "media" because it can hold photos, video, etc.

As soon as I put some other issues to bed, I'll look at this. I think what we're going to do is create a new category for user albums, but I need to try

randyrls

Hi Jeff; The Albums / Media is a bit confusing. It appears that you cannot add existing photos to an album? I tried to create an album, but it will not allow an empty album. It wants something in the album. I tried to add an existing photo to the album, but got an error "Invalid URL" when I copied a link to the existing photo.

I think a few tutorials for the new site are in order.

Over-all GREAT JOB!🏆

Last edited:

mmayo

I am getting used to the new environment; I like it. I especially like that photos stay in the orientation I wanted.

JimB

My Avatar seems to be 'broken'. It should have motion but doesn't. When I look at my profile it is working correctly there but not when I post.

randyrls

Jeff; I like to view the persons name when posting a reply. If I see a user named "Starchild42", I look for their name so I can post "Hi Jeff;......." I don't see any way to see the person's name in their profile. This is only minor though.

Chief TomaToe

Hello Jeff - I have a request as well. When clicking on the "What's New Tab" is it possible to make the page default to the longer list without having to select the "View More..." button? If this view is not shared by others I will humbly retract my request.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff; I like to view the persons name when posting a reply. If I see a user named "Starchild42", I look for their name so I can post "Hi Jeff;......." I don't see any way to see the person's name in their profile. This is only minor though.
I need to add some profile fields to the member card. There's a lot of customization possible.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
When you get bored... Previously I was able to update the Ohio Chapter bulk PM's by seeing the new IAP members via "Ohio or city", and scrolling to the end of the list for the newest members, and posts and last log-ons.. This was handy. If this is still possible in the future, a few of us may use this feature.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
When you get bored... Previously I was able to update the Ohio Chapter bulk PM's by seeing the new IAP members via "Ohio or city", and scrolling to the end of the list for the newest members, and posts and last log-ons.. This was handy. If this is still possible in the future, a few of us may use this feature.

One of my next tasks is installing a member search addon. I'm going to visit the grandkids for the weekend, so I expect it'll be about Tuesday before I get it done.

The built-in member search is less than impressive, I agree.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

Mark - I've installed a new member search function. It's off the "Members" menu. Try it and see if it's what you're looking for. Let me know how I could improve it.

moke

I would like to thank and congratulate Jeff on a job well done!!!! There are always glitches with everything new....well done so far!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I typed in "Ohio" and got a list that included "Last seen" dates. There were no further fields to narrow down searches.

It would be nice if: We could specify a search that includes "Last seen" by dates either recent to past, or past to recent, as opposed to alphabetical. And possibly their number of posts. Often I did not include folks that joined, and after 9 months had no posts and had not returned - they were a one-off. But if someone had joined 9 months ago, had 45 posts and had been seen last 2 days ago they were a contact I did not want to miss adding to the bulk PM list.

I have not explored it yet, but how many PM addresses can we have for one message? I believe the last number was 100, which was fine. My last PM's for the Ohio Chapter had about 240 addresses, and I updated it 2-3 times a year for newly registered members that were at least slightly active. I did print out the last list, so I can easily start a new contact PM list, but expect a lot of returns as many members have not re-registered. Maybe I'll just start a new list after you have the new protocol set.

In the current list, I could still accomplish my objective for adding members as they join, just a bit more tedious and not as specific, but as with all good BORG's "I've been assimilated and will adapt - resistance is futile!" 👽

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Mark - Conversation recipient limit is now 250. As far as getting additional fields into the search results, it's possible with modification of the search add-on, but that will take a little tinkering. What might be easier is for me to run a direct database query when needed. I've developed a few queries over the years that can provide a pretty useful dataset based on location, last visit, etc. Another option that I've considered is a mailing list manager add-on that would allow opt-in newsletter mailing. So, for example we could have a mailing list for those who want to be notified about upcoming Ohio meetings.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark - Conversation recipient limit is now 250. As far as getting additional fields into the search results, it's possible with modification of the search add-on, but that will take a little tinkering. What might be easier is for me to run a direct database query when needed. I've developed a few queries over the years that can provide a pretty useful dataset based on location, last visit, etc. Another option that I've considered is a mailing list manager add-on that would allow opt-in newsletter mailing. So, for example we could have a mailing list for those who want to be notified about upcoming Ohio meetings.

That sounds perfectly fine. Oh goody, I can poke you 2-3x a year! 👈👈👈.

Top Bottom