Jeer for UPS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambidex

For the 3rd time in 3 months, have had a parcel returned the the main distribution center because they said my address didn't exist. To try to shorten this story, I'm the first farm out of town and not incorperated, while everyone around me is. While everyone else has a street address, mine is still a county road address. Now if this happened once, it wouldn't bother me that much, but 3 times out of approx 25 packages in 3 mths, well makes me wonder the level of intelligence some of these people possess. To make it worse, my address is prominantly displayed on my mailbox...ah well..done venting now..gonna go sit by my mailbox till the big brown #%&(@ comes by..:mad:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Well not to be a devils advocate for UPS or FED X or USPS.
They have a Computer that is all knowing, all wise... with it's data inputted by someone probably fresh out of high school. OR worse..
Google Maps.... Google maps has my address point located about one block south of my actual address.....
IF I may, when you make an order to a place that uses UPS, with the special instructions area put "Will Pick Up at Distribution Center. Since your shipping carrier has no clue how to read a map." That might get the dander up of the drivers and you might get your packages delivered to your home. The downside they might throw them out of the truck as they drive by..

Ambidex

Picking up at the distribution center is NOT an option..25 miles one friggin way to pick something up that should and could be delivered to my door????..Maybe I didn't describe it well enough..btw..already called and said..deliver everything usps or I will not buy from you again..reguardless of all the flamers coming out on this one..still the best delivery system in the world.USPS.PERIOD..oh and by the way..this is the next day and almost 6 oclock..no reply from ups..and no freaking package..sorry..my bad , was sent from 160 milesaway..I'm being unreasonable here..

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
..already called and said..deliver everything usps or I will not buy from you again..reguardless of all the flamers coming out on this one..still the best delivery system in the world.USPS.PERIOD...
Except you can't ship anything flammable via USPS.

gallianp

The road that I live on is named Roundhouse Rd. and it is used in my physical address.

The USPS has the name as two words -- Round House Rd. I have had packages returned because of this.. some from UPS, - USPS, - Fed Ex...

the road signs say Roundhouse - the county maps all say Roundhouse -- I think I live on Roundhouse -- No way to change the USPS database that has the wrong name - I have tried... Most internet mapping programs have me living about a mile from the actual location -- I have tried to get that location changed also... did want to hijack the tread -- just a sympathetic reader

dogcatcher

With either street or county road addresses they should have been coordinated with the area 911 emergency services along with the postal service. If you are having problems you might want to check with your 911 service in your area. You may need the fire department or ambulance service and they may not find you. In out area it is the source for UPS maps, it maybe that you are not on the 911 map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom