Jazzed up my pen display at home

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

It's taken me a long time to hit my goal of 100 nice pens.( a couple a weekend if I'm lucky) So I have been adding on as needed these 10-pen acrylic racks from CSUSA as I fill them up.

I was running out of space having them sitting on things,so I found these nice acrylic shelves at the Container Store that match the racks nicely,and with the 2 corner units,I got my 100 pens displayed on a corner wall in the den.I enjoy looking at them,and will rotate them out,having my better ones replacing the less-so ones as I hopefully improve,and complete more down the road.

The problem with these racks is that the pens slde and slip off them so easily.The Zens,with their magnetic fields messing with each other were especially hard to keep them in place.

I experimented with cutting these thin tiny strops of the adhesive-backed fuzzy-side velcro to line the bottom half of the rank cutouts.It does the trick!

It's a time consumer,though.for me,it's 200 strips to cut out and adhere.I'm only half done.I think I'll do 1 or 2 a week to finish them up.

In case someone else was having the slipping=pen problem,I thought I'd post.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_5084.jpg
    IMG_5084.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_5042.JPG
    IMG_5042.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_5051.jpg
    IMG_5051.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 231
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Thanks Dan,

I do like the Zen pen a lot,especially for stamp pens where you don't want the clip covering up the stamp.

I just wish it was a little more comfy to write with.The sharpness between the nib and the end coupler doesn't feel good to me on my index finger.It's hard to try to write holding it farther up on the barrel.That's why I like how the Virage feels to write with.

Steve

Top Bottom