Jack Daniel's Oak Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Flush1974

Good Day Friends,

Some of you have seen this pen already. I just wanted to share how I did it. There is nothing like opening a package of Jack Daniel's blanks. I have partaken in many a cocktail at the Fighter Squadron after last land. This pen was made when I was new to wood and how it turns. I was surprised (like a nube) when I turned the blank and all the charring was gone and I was left with a pretty bland white oak blank. So I got creative. I took my blowtorch and gave it some VERY light licks as I turned it by hand until I got the charged look I wanted. Then I put 7 coats of CA and sanded to 12000 grit. I then added part of some Jack Daniel's temporary tattoos to the blank. Then I covered it with another 7 coats of CA. This gave it a ton of depth as the tattoo is almost floating. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
CMSgt Steven Tollett, Ret AF

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DJBPenmaker

Good Day Friends,

Some of you have seen this pen already. I just wanted to share how I did it. There is nothing like opening a package of Jack Daniel's blanks. I have partaken in many a cocktail at the Fighter Squadron after last land. This pen was made when I was new to wood and how it turns. I was surprised (like a nube) when I turned the blank and all the charring was gone and I was left with a pretty bland white oak blank. So I got creative. I took my blowtorch and gave it some VERY light licks as I turned it by hand until I got the charged look I wanted. Then I put 7 coats of CA and sanded to 12000 grit. I then added part of some Jack Daniel's temporary tattoos to the blank. Then I covered it with another 7 coats of CA. This gave it a ton of depth as the tattoo is almost floating. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
CMSgt Steven Tollett, Ret AF

View in Gallery
Superb, makes a stunning pen. Fantastic finish.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom