Jack Daniel’s Bourbon Barrel Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

henry1164

Obtained a half-barrel Jack Daniel's planter that was never used for planting but was converted by local Amish craftsman into a wine rack (can you imagine anything "bourbon" associated with wine!!!!). Well, I am reversing this ridiculous abuse so that the wood is used more appropriately.

I now have pen blanks available for sale that are at least 5" X 3/4" X 3/4". They turn easily and the oak/char/bourbon aroma is very pleasant while turning. There is no COA but you can get 10 certificates for $2.95 at Woodgturningz (https://www.woodturningz.com/Jack_Daniels_Pen_Blank_Cert_10pk?sk=jack+dan). Price is $2.00 per blank plus postage. PM me for large quantity discount and the potential of free shipping based on quantity. Bonus pieces of this barrel along with a couple of locally procured wood items (i.e. black walnut, elm) will be included in quantity orders.

Attachments

• IMG_4795.jpeg
    IMG_4795.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4777.jpeg
    IMG_4777.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4778.jpeg
    IMG_4778.jpeg
    537.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4797.jpeg
    IMG_4797.jpeg
    889.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4796.jpeg
    IMG_4796.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Obtained a half-barrel Jack Daniel's planter that was never used for planting but was converted by local Amish craftsman into a wine rack (can you imagine anything "bourbon" associated with wine!!!!). Well, I am reversing this ridiculous abuse so that the wood is used more appropriately.

I now have pen blanks available for sale that are at least 5" X 3/4" X 3/4". They turn easily and the oak/char/bourbon aroma is very pleasant while turning. There is no COA but you can get 10 certificates for $2.95 at Woodgturningz (https://www.woodturningz.com/Jack_Daniels_Pen_Blank_Cert_10pk?sk=jack+dan). Price is $2.00 per blank plus postage. PM me for large quantity discount and the potential of free shipping based on quantity. Bonus pieces of this barrel along with a couple of locally procured wood items (i.e. black walnut, elm) will be included in quantity orders.

I'm on vacation right now but will contact you when I get home. Also Jack Daniel's is a Whiskey, not Bourbon. Just to clarify, not being a smart a$$.

cdwrrtx

I'm on vacation right now but will contact you when I get home. Also Jack Daniel's is a Whiskey, not Bourbon. Just to clarify, not being
I'm on vacation right now but will contact you when I get home. Also Jack Daniel's is a Whiskey, not Bourbon. Just to clarify, not being a smart a$$.
Also not wanting to ba a SA, but JD technically IS a bourbon, but there is a long history of why they don't want to be called bourbon. The US whiskey/bourbon history is very interesting with reality being over shadowed by marketing and urban legends.

Sorry to hijack your post. The oak used in whiskey barrels makes awesome pens especially if you can cut them on a bias.

Also not wanting to ba a SA, but JD technically IS a bourbon, but there is a long history of why they don't want to be called bourbon. The US whiskey/bourbon history is very interesting with reality being over shadowed by marketing and urban legends.

Sorry to hijack your post. The oak used in whiskey barrels makes awesome pens especially if you can cut them on a bias.
Gotta disagree. Go to whiskeywash.com and they can tell you why jd is actually not a bourbon. Makes for a good read even if you don't accept the reasoning. But again, what makes this country great is that we can agree to disagree and so I'll support your idea even if I do disagree. I do agree that the wood can make some really nice pens and knife scales.

henry1164

I'm not bourbon or whiskey (also spelled whisky - hope to not go there either) connoisseur so all of this is lost on me. I find it interesting though that "thewhiskeywash" writes "Although it is made almost exactly like bourbon, and pretty much tastes like bourbon, Jack Daniel's is a little bit different so its makers prefer to call it Tennessee whiskey." For me, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......I'd be happy to just sell a few blanks.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom