Ivory // Alumilite Pendent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I stopped to see my good friend John (IAP desertrat) And he gave me some chips of Ivory to play with. So I went home and and started looking around for something to make with the chips. John makes some stunning pine cone pendents, :eek: so I grabbed some 2" PVC pipe sprayed it with mold release and stuffed it with Ivory chips. I mixed up some Alumilite (I was trying for an amber looking tint) and filled the pipe with the alumilite, put it in the pressure pot and aired it up to 60 PSI. An hour later I had a six inch pendent blank, :biggrin: I took it back to John and he sliced it up into disks and gave me a few. :party:This is the first one, it is tough to turn due to the difference between the Alumilite and the Ivory, I tried every tool I had :confused: and settled on my wood chuck which worked great. It has been wet sanded to 1500 and MM to step 5 then buffed. Next project will be some pen blanks.
Any comments welcome, Thanks for looking. :biggrin:

Attachments

• pendent 005.jpg
    pendent 005.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 360
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

knifecut

Nice.

Just a thought:

My granddad use to slice black walnut shells into thin slices and got some interesting designs. One even had his initial in it.

I bet that would make a good pendent embedded in acrylic/Alumilite like that.

Last edited:

maxman400

Very nice, I do have a question. Where did you get the silver piece that is attached to the pendent? tanks bill
John gave it to me, You just drill a small hole and the part spreads apart and it has two pins inside. You put the pins in the hole and pinch shut.

bitshird

Max the pendant and the pen should be sold as a pair, make designer pen and neck wear sets and become a famous designer and entrepreneur become another not so freaky Andy Warhol !!

Top Bottom