I've been playing again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wayneis

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

I've been playing with some of the new kits from Craft Supply and have been having a ball. I've picked two of the pens that are I guess my favorites to post here and the other eight I'm posting in my album so I don't make this post too long. My favorites are a 22K Buckeye Burl Imperial and an Desert Ironwood Burl Platinum Jr. Emperor. I wish that my photography showed the true color of the desert ironwood burl, all of the light color in the wood is actually gold so this picture doesn't come close to doing justice to the pen. Thanks for looking.

I forgot to thank Dario for the Texas Ebony, Red Mallee Burl and Curly Koa that I used in three on my pens that are among those that I posted in my album.

Wayne

2006728172340_Buckeye%20Burl%20Imperial.jpg

2006728172433_Desert%20Ironwood%20Burl%20Jr%20Emp.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Wayne, good to see your work again. And as always it is outstanding. Both pens are gorgeous.[:p] If you send them to me, I'll take some photos for you.[:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice looking, as usual, Wayne.

First time I have seen the "Imperial", I believe. Looks good! Any construction comments???

B-U-T-FUL!![:)][:)][:)]

Dario

Excellent pens as usual.

I know that as nice the pics are, it can't do these pens justice. Especially the DI burl...I can almost see the chatoyance though. I think "proper" appreciation of Dessert Ironwood comes after turning a few [;)]

wayneis

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Billy if you like burls look in my album at the new ones that I posted this morning. I have a feeling after turning these that once you recieve your kits we won't hear from you for a while.

Ed there's nothing to these new kits, the hardest part is picking the right blank. The new Imperial in my opinion is the classest pen availiable to us right now, I love it. My Wife borrowed the first one that I made and I have'nt seen it sence and I probably won't. That was the 22K buckeye burl above, good thing that I got a photo of it quickly. If CSUSA introduces a JR. version of the Imperial they will sell great. I have to say that even the large version feels real nice in the hand, one would think that by looking at it that it would be acward but not the case.

Thanks again,

Wayne

Dario

No need to thank me Wayne...the tool I got helped me improve the quality of my latest pens [:D]

I am proud to see how they came out though [^]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom