It's pencil time in the shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

New year, new beginnings, new pencil.
Checking (again) if I can still turn slimline, I dug two half-inch blanks from the stash and get the ball rolling. One of the blanks was snakewood I've had for some time and with all the warnings I've read over the years, I started drilling very slowly and with frequent stops (it probably took 30 minutes for each half). The other blank was olivewood and I was much less cautious, I picked it for the smell anyway so a little heat helps dissipate the characteristic odor. Both glued with 5 minutes (Ape) epoxy, with overnight curing. Turning was uneventful, CA finishing as well, the assembly was a bit nerve-wracking for the snakewood but I managed. Since I didn't want to miss any future cracks that might appear I decided not to include the clip for the final assembly. Except I realized too late the I had forgotten to include the clip... oh well, not trying a disassembly on that one, I'll have to be careful that it doesn't roll off the desk. Mistake corrected for the olivewood pencil assembly 😁
C&C welcome.

pencil time 3.jpg pencil time.jpg

Top Bottom