It's kind of amazing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
A 2-Day Priority Mail package took 16 days to reach me from 125 miles away. Yet I sent 2 First Class packages, one 1260 miles and the other 2400 miles. They both reached their destinations within 1 week. :rolleyes: Oh well, I'm not really complaining, I just wonder why the difference.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
It's hard to tell what will happen with the postal service... I mailed 2 identical packages on Monday 12/21... one to California and one to Turtletown, TN... about 12 or 13 miles from my house... the California package was scheduled to deliver on 12/28 according to the click and ship site on UPSP... the Turtletown package was to take 2 days....it was delivered yesterday 12/22 and the California package was delivered today.
Both were shipped priority.... sometimes the system does work.

Currently waiting for a package from North Carolina that was shipped priority on 12/15... not here yet.
Aftter 40 years in traffic and transportation industry I do understand the logistics of transportation so not going to get upset.

I recently sent a package to Billings and it took 6 days. I could have almost walked there faster than the mail. Same day I sent a package to Hawaii and it got to my customer in 3 days. Not sure why but it happens. Most of my orders get stuck in Billings. Send it from Utah and it will get stuck in Billings. Send it from California and I get it in 3 days. I have no idea why, but it can be frustrating.

bmachin

Waiting on a Priority Mail envelope mailed from 20 miles away. Went to Evansville IN (30 miles away) first. It has since traveled to Louisville, Cincinnati, and is now in Memphis. Neglected to mention that it was mailed the day after Thanksgiving.

Try and beat that one!

Bill

jttheclockman

I am sure we all have these stories. I ordered some blanks from Eugene a few weeks ago. It took 2 weeks to get but I seen and followed its travel. IT bounced all over NJ and in fact it was one town over. I could have walked there and picked it up but no on the road again. I did get the blanks in time because I was on a deadline. Just barely. Was making a pen 10:00 at night.

Curly

You never know what will happen. I got an Amazon package 2 days sooner than they said but our mail is delayed because half the workers on the city's main postal sorting station tested positive and are isolating at home.

I just remember the olden days when parcel post took many weeks for a package to arrive and there was no tracking so I think we have it good.

elkhorn

Saw this and thought I'd share:
D0E7106F-6B8C-44B4-BD4E-9ADC07EE9157.jpeg

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I once mailed 3 LFRB boxes from Hawaii to my office in Houston. I printed the labels mysel and dropped all 3 off at the same time. Two arrived within 5 days. The third one took another week and arrived with over $37 postage due. It took another week to convince the local post office that I had shipped it flat rate and didn't owe any additional postage. So much for their fancy bar code scanners.

keithbyrd

I sent out a package on 11/26 it was delivered 12/18!
I have 11 packages in transit now that have been in the PO system since the 11th - 5 of them were received 5 miles from here and still haven't been scanned anywhere else!

sbwertz

It was probably mis-delivered. If it is delivered to the wrong address, it gets picked up and sent back to the post office for resorting and sent out again. (Neighbor works at the PO. Things are really crazy there this time of year!)

howsitwork

Well over here it can get delayed but our tool suppliers seem to compete for who can get it to you fastest. Eg ordered some bit I needed from Arc eurotools due in 3 days, arrived next day by courier. Marvellous and quite often happens that way. Another example ordering from Germany to here for some inserts I needed took 3 days whilst quoted a week, despite Covid, customs, channel shipping etc.

This time of year it's understandable and given rapidly changing precautions etc I understand it. When we finally leave the EU it will no doubt get worse for a while.

grpass

USPS has posted warnings that they are short employees because of the Covid and that they are experiencing a much higher volume of packages for numerous reasons. Flat rate packages which should take 2 to 3 days are taking 7-10 days. It's 2020.....

sbwertz

With people avoiding going into stores, they are doing their shopping online. I haven't been inside a store since March. If they don't have curbside pickup, delivery, or shipping I shop elsewhere. My rheumatologist has had four of his patients who take the same immunosuppressants that I do wind up in the hospital, and one of them died from the virus. Got my attention!

Top Bottom