It's good to come in second

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I received these blanks from Chris (kalai)Koa Wood Hawaii - Home
I think in this case it was best coming in second from a prize standpoint!!!
2nd place "Featured pen contest"
Thanks, Chris!!!

Attachments

• blanks 001.jpg
    blanks 001.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Glenn; You know what they say about the second place team in the Super Bowl, " The first loser ". I don't beleive that is true in any sport or craft. I think it takes a great amount of talent even to be in a sport or craft, much less compete. I see no losers on this web site when it comes to pen turners. I don't even see anyone who's main goal is to be better than everyone else. All I see is a group of people with the same interest, trying to help out other people that they realy only know by using this web site. Congrats. on your first from the top finish. Jim S

Kalai

Hey Glenn, I want to see that dark blank by the Hau when it is done. :)
You can not see the name of the wood from the picture but I know it is Pheasant wood (Kolohala) that is a real nice looking wood. Have you decided what blank you are going to turn first? :)
Aloha.

Chris

Actually Chris, when I pulled them all out of the box, that one caught my eye first. I think it would look good on a ...ummm, hell, It'll look good on anything...
Now the Toon appears to be soft wood, love the color. How does it turn?

Hey Glenn, I want to see that dark blank by the Hau when it is done. :)
You can not see the name of the wood from the picture but I know it is Pheasant wood (Kolohala) that is a real nice looking wood. Have you decided what blank you are going to turn first? :)
Aloha.

Chris

Last edited:

Kalai

Hi Glenn, the Toon is a nice wood, it is easy to work and it sands well, I am sure you will like it, it is also called Australian Red Ceder, they planted it here in Hawaii as a reforestation project and a lot of people plant it on there land, they like it because it grows fast.
Aloha.

Chris

Top Bottom