It's been a while!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from byounghusband

byounghusband

Well,
I have been able to get a little turning in recently and figured I would post up a few pics.
I have been clearing out older blanks (very old) and kits.
Last night I turned the other two, (sorry for crappy pic) Jr Statesman in an OLD Acrilester (sp) blank in orangish color. Then a Pink dyed Box Elder Burl Sierra.

Then a Cocobolo and Yellow Resin Jr Gent. The resin was supposed to be Yellow, but after turning, it was pretty clear. I didn't paint the tube so, IMHO it looked rough. My Pastor loved it and bought it. Then Along with it an OLD Pinecone/Resin blank on Satin Nickle Baron.
Pastor liked the Pinecone so much he has requested a Fountain Pen modified to be a bit longer in the body section. I got some advice from Ed and Dawn at Exotic Blanks. (They have been GREAT!!) It will be a Jr Gent Rollerball with a Fountain Nib upgrade. Then a Zen tube to lengthen it.

Next was an experiment on Pinecone blanks from Zac Higgins. I did two Sierras, one with the blank painted Black inside (left side) and the other one White inside. (right side). I like the White painted one better.

I also turned a Pink Ribbon Sierra for Pastor's Wife who just came through Breast Cancer and is now Cancer FREE!!!!! Praise Jesus!!!
Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• 102523.JPG
    102523.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 100
  • P1.png
    P1.png
    596.4 KB · Views: 99
  • pinecone Sierras.jpg
    pinecone Sierras.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Pink ribbon.JPG