It's been a while!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CjG78

G'day! Hope you all are well!
I've been very busy making pens. I have taken long service leave from my day job to concentrate on making pens and seeing if I can do it full time.
Orders are continually coming in. It's absolutely fantastic.
This pen is an exhibition grade ringed gidgee, lined with nikko ebonite on the cap, and the barrel is lined, collar and section with a Monet inspired resin, which the customer chose. She wanted a classy conservative looking pen with a glimpse of colour, then when uncapped, colour to pour out.
I think I nailed the brief?
M13x.8 triple start Jowo #6
Barrel 15.2 mm tapered to 14.5
Length 144 mm capped, 138 mm uncapped
Weight 25 gm
Section pinch 10.3 mm
CA finish
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20220411_114455.jpg
    20220411_114455.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 20220411_114711.jpg
    20220411_114711.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 20220411_114650.jpg
    20220411_114650.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Well Casey another beauty of a pen and can see why your pens do well on the selling market. Now you say you are trying this full time and make a living with it, how are you selling your work? I assume the income is comparable to what you are use to and this is a good thing. But all the other nuances that go with a business like this has not been troubling? It does take a commitment to go this route and continue to grow it. I do wish you well. Not many people can take a favorite hobby and turn it into a supporting career. Good luck.

CjG78

Well Casey another beauty of a pen and can see why your pens do well on the selling market. Now you say you are trying this full time and make a living with it, how are you selling your work? I assume the income is comparable to what you are use to and this is a good thing. But all the other nuances that go with a business like this has not been troubling? It does take a commitment to go this route and continue to grow it. I do wish you well. Not many people can take a favorite hobby and turn it into a supporting career. Good luck.
Thanks mate. Instagram has exploded with sales. My Facebook page is steady, but instagram is where it's at. I'm getting orders daily, and have 48 back orders. All kitless. It really is booming!
Lots to learn about business, but for now, I'm enjoying it. Thanks

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
You'r artistry deserves a special plateau. I wish you well to make this a sustaining enterprise. :):). Lovely work as expected.

PenPal

You go the road less travelled, I admire your attention to every detail and above all listening to your customers. The positive proof is in the sales, Congratulations my very good friend.

Top Bottom