It's Been a While!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sandsini

Sandsini

It has been quite a while since I posted here... I've been spending a lot time in the studio and trying to expand my techniques a bit. Here are some of the pens I've completed recently.

The first pen is full custom I call Carina done in Skyward alumilite with Madrepearlato Nero as the dark accents. The metal accents are all crafted on the lathe and the clip is a cast piece from Beaufort.

The next pen is a Carina with a hand made clip done in vintage crosshatch cellulose acetate with black acrylic accents. The clip and trim rings are nickel silver and the red accents are Chipotle red acrylic.

The third Carina has been done in a modern black and ivory cellulose acetate with an alternate ivory section and accents. The trim and handmade clip were fabricated from bronze.

It's nice to be back and prowling through the Show Off Your Pens section... good to see so many familiar digital faces!

Attachments

• 0103170920.jpg
    0103170920.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 286
  • 0103170919b.jpg
    0103170919b.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 277
  • 0101171521.jpg
    0101171521.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 1230161021a.jpg
    1230161021a.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 308
  • 1218161123.jpg
    1218161123.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 294
  • 1218161125_Burst01.jpg
    1218161125_Burst01.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 256
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Absolutely Stunning Pens, Eric.
Perfect Profiles, and Proportions,
Outstanding Blanks,
Pen #1 is Subtle, Peaceful, and Sedate.
Pen #2 is Striking, yet as Traditionally Correct, as is a Classic Pin Stripe Suit, Love the Vivid Red Accents, on the Finial, and the Nib, gives it a Little Wild Flair.
Pen #3 is Superb, with a Beautiful, Black and White Swirl, and a Stunning Relief with the White Nib Holder, and Finial.
Excellent Fit and Glorious Finish.
Great Craftsmanship.
Congratulations, and Welcome Back.
Brian.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
All three are stunning. I have enjoyed your previous work, but these are really beautiful.

I like that you put so much effort into the accents and rings; they really add a lot. These are a step above the usual beautiful, but simple kitless profiles.

I hope you have saved another, or have one in the works to enter the BASH.

Sandsini

All three are stunning. I have enjoyed your previous work, but these are really beautiful.

I like that you put so much effort into the accents and rings; they really add a lot. These are a step above the usual beautiful, but simple kitless profiles.

I hope you have saved another, or have one in the works to enter the BASH.

Oh geez, I totally forgot about the Bash!

Thanks Mark for the nice comments. I get a great feeling when the parts come together to make a harmonious pen. I've been playing with the metal accents for months, but I feel that I have only just figured out, with the blue pen, how to size and place the accents correctly for that style.

I'll have to check out the schedule and rules for the bash this year and see if I can get something going...

Cheers,

Sandsini

Absolutely Stunning Pens, Eric.
Perfect Profiles, and Proportions,
Outstanding Blanks,
Pen #1 is Subtle, Peaceful, and Sedate.
Pen #2 is Striking, yet as Traditionally Correct, as is a Classic Pin Stripe Suit, Love the Vivid Red Accents, on the Finial, and the Nib, gives it a Little Wild Flair.
Pen #3 is Superb, with a Beautiful, Black and White Swirl, and a Stunning Relief with the White Nib Holder, and Finial.
Excellent Fit and Glorious Finish.
Great Craftsmanship.
Congratulations, and Welcome Back.
Brian.

Brian,
So good to see you're still here. Thank you for your generous review - I miss your style and your poetic largess.

bpgoldo

Eric, to see your work is a lesson in creative style and composition. I look and I learn. Thanks professor. I hope to be worthy of your example.

Top Bottom